talk talk

After reading oh so many horror stories about talk talk I was apprehensive about joining but I must say im pleasantly suprised.
Changed from BT about 2 weeks ago and my speed has shot up from 8mb on BT to nearly 12 mb with talk talk.
Just got my first bill from talk talk and its correct too so now im paying £3.25 a month (half price for 12 months) instead of £28.90 with BT hope I havent jinxed it but thanks talk talk one happy customer
And before some wise guy comes on I dont work for talk talk

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    £3.25 is half-price Essentials call package. You still have landline rental on top of that (though you may have also got some free rental for starting a contract). How long is your contract? (Definitely at least 12 months, probably at least 18 months).
  • 12 months contract yes the line rental is extra but same price as BT but im saving over £25 a month excellent
  • scottishperson2
    scottishperson2 Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2011 at 9:06PM
    Go into your talktalk account NOW and check your preferences regarding sales calls and sales literature from talktalk.

Basically its borked and they've left it up to you to change it to how it should be.

If you enjoy 3 or 4 calls from south africa a day trying to get you to upgrade then don't check it, its your choice

"Hi All,

A number of forum users have reported a message relating to marketing preferences in My Account. Following reports of this the forum team have been working with the relevant departments to establish the cause of this message. For clarity the message states:

“We’re sorry but we haven’t got an up to date record of your marketing preferences, please click the Edit button and make sure you are happy with your options.”

This message is displayed because we do not currently have records for marketing preference for a number of customers. These accounts may have previously indicated that they had opted out of marketing by displaying crosses in the marketing preferences field, however, this may not have been the case because it was set this way as the default option. The message in My Account is currently being reviewed and will hopefully be updated soon to give a little more information and clarity about why we need you to take action.

TalkTalk is introducing a more accurate way of displaying the information we hold around marketing preferences. Accounts that see this message have never requested to opt out and the crosses were only displayed as this was set to default when no preferences were selected.

We apologise for any confusion this message may have caused. We want to ensure that those wishing to opt out of marketing do not receive unwanted contact therefore if you see this message please ensure you submit your marketing preferences.

Cheers
    Em x"
  • Problem with the above (apart from my connection dropping twice whilst posting it - cheers talktalk) is you would get a call from talktalk, check your preferences, see it was set correctly, call talktalk, who would check your preferences, see it was set correctly, then the next day the calls would start again.
  • bod1467
    12 months contract yes the line rental is extra but same price as BT but im saving over £25 a month excellent

Wow! TT line rental is £14.60-ish. So with half-price essentials you're paying a shade under £18. Yes? So you must have been paying about £43 to BT!

What were you getting from BT for that money? (I can't believe you have a like-for-like comparison).
  • smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 December 2011 at 10:10PM
    the only difference was i was on unlimited with bt but didnt really need to be and on 40 gb with talk talk but my useage is only approx 20gb a month max
  • bod1467
    If you were paying £43 per month to BT for landline and broadband then you were getting right royally shafted. :eek:
  • Mike_J
    Mike_J Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can pay just £9.50 pm for talk talk line rental by signing up for 12 months via their value line rental deal. You just pay the 12 months rental in advance and you stay on your current package it you are already with them.

I would also suggest signing up to http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php. Lots of good advice (and also common problems) with other TT users BUT best of all is you can post questions and they are answered directly by TT staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure