Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Donation of luncheon vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I know that McDonalds take them - hmm! I didn't say that there was nowhere here that takes them - I expect that there are quite few places that would - but I live in a village in a rural area, 12 miles from town, and I rarely bother to go. By the time we've paid for petrol, it's as cheap as buying locally, unless there's a lot of other shopping we want to do. Then, it's a case of remembering to take them. I'd rather give them away tbh.
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. :)

I always think the IoW is really small, so don't consider that you'd have a time getting to anywhere to spend them! :o

Must admit though I'm spoilt as I live in Pompey, and would never live anywhere else, I love living in a city with (nearly) everything on your doorstep! :D
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    I'm sure a homeless charity would be able to take them on to give to people to use surely?
    Not necessarily. I know that not all homeless people are addicts, but it can be difficult to give out things which have a realisable value, because they may be exchanged for drugs / alcohol etc.

Also there's often a policy of consistency: not giving out something one week and not the next. And if you do have a limited stock of anything, then issues of working out who should have it, and who should not.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Could you donate them to the Friends of your local hospital or to the Nurses in the Oncology Ward or something like that? The Oncology Department of my local hospital offers tea, coffee, cakes and sarnies, so am sure they could make use of them for either staff or patients benefit.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • fashionlover10
    Options
    I work in a Sainsburys and we've been trained to only take them for groceries, so basically any food item, meaning a charity shouldn't have an issue with using them.
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. :)

I always think the IoW is really small, so don't consider that you'd have a time getting to anywhere to spend them! :o

Must admit though I'm spoilt as I live in Pompey, and would never live anywhere else, I love living in a city with (nearly) everything on your doorstep! :D

Well, the IOW is certainly small, but we do like to support local businesses - that's IOW growers, farmers etc, and the village shops - and why spend on petrol when you can get what you need nearby? :)

My daughter lives in Pompey - she loves it there, more for the sea and the history than the city, though, I think.
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi, is it too late? Www.postpals.co.uk would love them to give to parents who have a child in hospital long term, the parents tend to have to live on microwave meals and vending machines, being able to treat themselves to half an hour of time to themselves in a local cafe or a few posh snacks from a shop would cheer them up
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure