Tax certificate (for proof of interest earned) for Lloyds TSB Vantage Account?

Options
124»

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I've found it now! Talk about not seeing the obvious!!!!!

Pleasure...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's interesting because I have never had any email notification from any of those banks and I can't find an online banking inbox! Any tips on how to get to the online banking inbox?

I always get emails from all the "Lloyds type" banks about new online messages. Have you checked they have your correct email address, your settings are correct, and that their emails don't go into your spam folder?
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Mine are sent to my online banking inbox and notification by email when they have arrived. This is for Lloyds, BoS, TSB & Halifax.

Mine and Mrs D's also. Strangely however and uniquely to BoS, although the net interest amounts tally with what we actually received on each account, the gross interest stated doesn't agree with the net figure on any of them.

For example:

Gross interest £118.34
    Tax Deducted £22.63
    Net Interest Paid £94.71

Net is correct, but net plus tax deducted actually equals £117.34

On the basis that the net amount is correct I make the gross amount £118.39 and £23.68 deducted.

Each of our BoS annual interest summaries have similar discrepancies.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Deneb wrote: »
    Mine and Mrs D's also. Strangely however and uniquely to BoS, although the net interest amounts tally with what we actually received on each account, the gross interest stated doesn't agree with the net figure on any of them.

For example:

Gross interest £118.34
    Tax Deducted £22.63
    Net Interest Paid £94.71

Net is correct, but net plus tax deducted actually equals £117.34

On the basis that the net amount is correct I make the gross amount £118.39 and £23.68 deducted.

Each of our BoS annual interest summaries have similar discrepancies.

Seeing your post made me go and relook at our 6 BoS annual statements. Ours add up OK (so no £1 difference like you seem to have which seems really odd- are you sure you're not misreading a digit?) but there are a few pennies different on tax calc if you take 20% of the gross figures but I guess that's because they are a summation of each individual months figures.
  • moneyfoolish
    moneyfoolish Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I always get emails from all the "Lloyds type" banks about new online messages. Have you checked they have your correct email address, your settings are correct, and that their emails don't go into your spam folder?
    Should be O.K. but I'll have a check. Thanks.
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Seeing your post made me go and relook at our 6 BoS annual statements. Ours add up OK (so no £1 difference like you seem to have which seems really odd- are you sure you're not misreading a digit?) but there are a few pennies different on tax calc if you take 20% of the gross figures but I guess that's because they are a summation of each individual months figures.

Oops, yes the tax deducted amount is £23.63 in the example I quoted, so the net and deducted amounts do at least add up to the gross figure. It is a few pence difference on each summary, and I also noticed it whilst inputting the figures in Taxcalc.

If they have taken each monthly amount and aggregated them that may explain it, although I have other accounts paying monthly interest and BoS are the only ones where the net and gross amounts don't tally.

Must remember to put my reading glasses on when reading small print :o
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    He did say 'it took a lot of finding'....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The thread has made a remarkable recovery though:p
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The banks seem in even more of a mess about tax statements this year than usual.

I have one for my Club Lloyds current a/c but not for my monthly saver.
    I have one for one of my TSB Classic Plus accounts but not for the other.
    I don't have one for either of my Tesco Internet Savers, nor my M&S Monthly Saver.

I'm not too bothered, but I'd rather use their figure as a check on my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure