Tax certificate (for proof of interest earned) for Lloyds TSB Vantage Account?

Options

Comments

• Atidi
    Atidi Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    matty_art wrote: »
    Great, thanks for that. No option to request one for 2013/14 yet incidentally.

Your tax certificate should be included with your first statement after 05 April. Depending on the frequency of statements you receive, you may or may not have been issued with it yet. :)
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Lloyds_Bank Posts: 377 Organisation Representative
    Options
    matty_art wrote: »
    Great, thanks for that. No option to request one for 2013/14 yet incidentally.

Hi matty_art,

We send out an Annual Interest Summary for each account between the 6th of April and the 30th of June each year. If a paper statement is due during this period, it'll be sent with that. If no statement is due during this period, it'll be sent separately. Either way, you'll receive your Annual Interest Summary by the 30th of June.

Hope this helps,

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The bank say at:

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/retail/contact_us/enquiry/form.asp

The Bank automatically sends out an Annual Interest Summary at the end of each tax year, which details the interest credited and any tax paid.

You can use this to complete your tax return and you do not need a certificate of interest for this purpose.

The Annual Interest Summary is only sent out to statement-based accounts and is sent with the first statement after the end of the tax year. Passbook accounts do not receive an Annual Interest Summary.

Please fill in the fields below, then click 'Send'. We will have your certificate in the post for you within three working days.

This service is free of charge.

PS. This did take a lot of finding but I got the info' in the end. Hope that helps.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The OP was in December 2011 and the latest post almost exactly 2 years ago.

I guess people were happy with the answers already provided:cool:
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    The OP was in December 2011 and the latest post almost exactly 2 years ago.
    He did say 'it took a lot of finding'....
  • moneyfoolish
    moneyfoolish Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All my accounts are online and I can easily print off a yearly summary for Tesco, Santander. However, I haven't found the equivalents for Halifax, TSB and Club Lloyds which I think is pretty poor. Every bank should provide a yearly statement of interest received and tax paid. I certainly don't expect to have to print every interest payment for each account (particularly as some of them are joint accounts where I pay tax and my doesn't) for over a dozen accounts when this should be something done automatically by any bank or investment company worth its salt.
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    All my accounts are online and I can easily print off a yearly summary for Tesco, Santander. However, I haven't found the equivalents for Halifax, TSB and Club Lloyds which I think is pretty poor. Every bank should provide a yearly statement of interest received and tax paid. I certainly don't expect to have to print every interest payment for each account (particularly as some of them are joint accounts where I pay tax and my doesn't) for over a dozen accounts when this should be something done automatically by any bank or investment company worth its salt.

Mine are sent to my online banking inbox and notification by email when they have arrived. This is for Lloyds, BoS, TSB & Halifax.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Mine are sent to my online banking inbox and notification by email when they have arrived. This is for Lloyds, BoS, TSB & Halifax.
    That's interesting because I have never had any email notification from any of those banks and I can't find an online banking inbox! Any tips on how to get to the online banking inbox?
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    That's interesting because I have never had any email notification from any of those banks and I can't find an online banking inbox! Any tips on how to get to the online banking inbox?

Just logged into Lloyds. Inbox is near top of screen, right hand side, between “Help and Support” & “Log Off”. The other sites are the same / similar.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Just logged into Lloyds. Inbox is near top of screen, right hand side, between “Help and Support” & “Log Off”. The other sites are the same / similar.
    Thanks. I've found it now! Talk about not seeing the obvious!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure