Real Life MMD: Do I need to spend more on Xmas pressies?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Money Saving Polls
53 replies 11.2K views
12346»

Replies

• *Louise**Louise* Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Go with the orignal value...and congratulate yourself on being a savvy shopper.:T

I have a £20 budget for my nephew's Christmas - thanks to a grabbit on this site in July I got a desk and chair reduced from £50 to £10 :money: I'm not making up the difference beause it's a better gift than he would have gotten had I waited till December to buy something.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • purple.sarahpurple.sarah Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only ever heard of gift budgets being agreed to set a maximum limit to stop overspending, otherwise the recipient is saying 'you better spend at least this much on me!' which seems rude! It's good you got gifts under budget by bargain shopping throughout the year, it's what I'm going to do next year, very MSE!:money:
  • TimBearTimBear Forumite
    808 Posts
    I bought a present for my mum and her twin and in a sale it came to £10 pound for both. My mum found out. It was a beautiful photo frame each of excellent quality, had I received I would have loved it and I was going to make the present up as it was so cheap but ran out of time. She hasnt visited me since and I know she is upset as she told my sister that I hadnt spent enough. I feel I have no choice to make it up this Christmas. It wasnt like I wanted to spend a £5.00. I try to be frugal but if there was something she wanted at £50.00 I would buy it but having spent a little less than that previously she moaned that I was "showing off."

This has really shocked me! I wouldn't mind if someone spent 10p on me; it would simply touch me that they'd thought enough of me to get me anything at all!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides