Angry Birds Plush Toy (With Sound) for £1

Options
djdevz
djdevz Posts: 51 Forumite
edited 24 December 2011 at 12:52AM in Freebies (low spend)
http://payment.pointshop.co.uk/signup_freepointstoangrybirds.asp

Just sign up for a trial VIP membership to PointShop for £1,

then follow the link in the email to select the Angry Birds Plush Toy (assorted).

To register properly I had to verify my email, phone and address
(to verify the address they send you a pin through the post, but mine was pre-approved as they checked the yellow pages).

the trial is only for 14 days, after which you are charge £45! but there's no tied contract, and you can cancel immediately (I will be cancelling tomorrow!)
:)

--Edit--
In my opinion, don't accept their offer when you try and cancel
I wouldn't recommend taking their offer to stay with them when you try and cancel, this is because they state in their terms that you can't cancel for at least 2 weeks.
Meaning that you will be charged £45.

Comments

• simpso75
    Options
    Hi - I've tried to do this as my son would love one of these toys, but it won't accept my card number. Did you have this problem?
  • djdevz
    Options
    Hey, no my card details were fine. Are you using a Visa/Visa Debit card?
  • WarioTBH
    WarioTBH Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, I'm abit skeptical about stuff like this, how easy is it to cancel so your not charged the £45?
    My Support is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. While a knowledgeable and skilled professional, I cannot offer any guarantee as to the consequences of the Support provided. Should the Support cause damage or loss of any kind, I shall not be held liable.
  • djdevz
    Options
    I just cancelled today, and it was instant, just don't accept their offer to stay.
    Go to your VIP settings in your account, end the subscription and delete your account - it's done instantly.

VIP trial is for 14 days, so make sure you get the email to say the plush toy is being processed with their supplier, then cancel!

HTH :)
  • frogthedog
    frogthedog Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I managed to register ok but am still waiting for my confirmation email, How long did other have to wait for their confirmation email please
  • djdevz
    Options
    Hey frogthedog, did you follow the link in the 1st post and pay £1?

If you did, you should get an email soon (mine was with me in under an hour), and in that email there should be a link to get the angry bird toy.
    the url is http://www.pointshop.co.uk/vip/angrybirds

the £1 is to trial the VIP membership which allows you to visit the vip store for the angry birds toy.
  • Jamc4659
    Jamc4659 Posts: 123 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2011 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I did this yesterday. It was a bit of a faff but not too bad really. I kept trying to "purchase" the toy with my points but as you mentioned you have to 'verify' your details. My address was pre-approved as well ( mentioned in a separate email) so I 'bought' the toy today with my points. Fingers crossed I hear fromt he dispatching company so I can get this puppy cancelled asap.

Thanks again, will make a nice little stocking stuffer for one of the kids:-)
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    Options
    Did this yesterday so now just eagerly awaiting the e-mail with the link in so I can buy it, all of my details are approved so now the waiting!
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
    Wouldn't You Like To Be A Plushroom Too?:D
  • djdevz
    Options
    Did this yesterday so now just eagerly awaiting the e-mail with the link in so I can buy it, all of my details are approved so now the waiting!

Exciting! If all your details are approved, then just go to: http://www.pointshop.co.uk/vip/angrybirds

and you can buy it there from their shop! :)
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    Options
    djdevz wrote: »
    Exciting! If all your details are approved, then just go to: http://www.pointshop.co.uk/vip/angrybirds

and you can buy it there from their shop! :)

Just done! :) Took this long for their site to calm down, this morning the website said it had added my points and somehow I was in minus figures so had to wait until it was rectified to buy. Also got myself a couple of ritter sports as I still had 300 points in my account from my regular membership :)

Now to wonder what colour bird shall arrive! They're all awesome :)
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
    Wouldn't You Like To Be A Plushroom Too?:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family