Double or perhaps even triple pram needed! Anyone know of any deals!

Options
Hello

I am expecting my second child but have been told that I am rather large (thank you very much) so should be prepared that it may be twins. I will find out in my scan shortly. In the meantime my son is only ten months so I'm going to need a double buggy.

I've started looking but to be honest the range I have seen has been poor could anyone recomend a particular design or deal. Money will be an issue as at present we can't get two car seats in our car let alone three so before the summer a new car is in order as well as all the other things needed too, but saying that I won't put into question my babies comfort and I am prepared to spend up to £300.

Hope someone can help

Thank you

Kerry:confused:
Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T

Comments

• louise24769
    Options
    Hi Kerry
    Congratulations!
    How about buying one on ebay? I often see double buggies quite cheap on their.
    Also, if you are expecting twins why don't you contact your local twin support group. They might have some good ideas.
    Good Luck
    Louise
  • samarnesen
    Options
    i have 19mth old twins which have had the mothercare urban detour which was fab but very big they have now got another mothercare one cant remember what its called but its the same as the graco duo sport theyve also had the umbrella fold ones which to be honest didnt last long as the suspension wasnt strong enough i now have a 2 week old baby and no money for a triple pram as they are all around £500 i am currently using a sling and the double buggy
    Extra payment every week challenge £15 so far
    Pay one debt in 2012 £35/£294
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It might be worth looking on this site we just got a travel system for a bargain price of £79.99(instead of £179.99)the delivery is brilliant there are steriliser sets on there for £4.99
    http://www.kiddicare.com/page/navpage?N=338
  • makinprogress
    Options
    Mamas and Papas had a Double in the Store Sale a couple of days ago, and I am almost sure it was under £200. Maybe check on-line, and GOOD LUCK...
    not with the Pram, with the Bubba (s) ?!!!
    makinprogress
  • vippymini
    vippymini Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    I have Phil and teds double buggy and have found it a godsend with a baby and toddler... they are a good range to look at...

also dont forget you maybe entitled to the sure start grant which would help buy things!!!

Good luck!!!
  • Shrimp_Stu
    Options
    Congrats on your news.

We have an age gap of 16 months between our two daughters and we used the Out n About Double Nipper - it retails for about £299 off Kiddicare Link but can be cheaper off Ebay.

We would highly recommend this buggy, it is light, folds up easily and can navigate easily through shop doors. It also folded up and fitted nicely in our Ford Focus bought - although the parcel shelf had to be removed. We are hoping to recoup about £100 off Ebay for our one - so remember the resale value of the buggy when you buy one as it might not be as expensive as you initially perceive.

Try out a few and see which ones you prefer and if you order online dont forget to look out for any cashback via Quidco (3.5% for Kiddicare, 4% Mothercare).

Good Luck.
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have a phil and teds explorer, its excellent, (I have two daughters 4 and 1) Its the same width as a single easy to navigate in shops and easy to handle. weighs about 7 kg so not too heavy to put into the car and vice versa (daily).
    It has several combinations to accomodate your baby until they are 6 months then they can sit in the 2nd seat.
    ummm...
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    g33za wrote:
    i have a phil and teds explorer, its excellent, (I have two daughters 4 and 1) Its the same width as a single easy to navigate in shops and easy to handle. weighs about 7 kg so not too heavy to put into the car and vice versa (daily).
    It has several combinations to accomodate your baby until they are 6 months then they can sit in the 2nd seat.

You have to consider little fingers in the wheels for the child in the lower seat........ nasty accident could ensue

:A
    This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault.
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have a Jane PowerTwin, designed just for twins but can be used for 2 babies from birth or 1 toddler and 1 baby, can take 2 car seats as well so can be used as travel system, not much bigger than sinlge buggy so easy to get around the shops,
  • savagevixen
    savagevixen Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Options
    Phil and Teds
    Not worth the price tag. The child in the rear has no view (fine when they are tiny) my seat unit needed replacing twice-due to inferior fabric. It was useless offroad (the child behind was so low it was bumped along the ground). Also her feet were in the shopping basket and as she grew the zips tore and had to be replaced. Also no room for any shopping and if you hung bags on the handle they swang in the lower childs face. The front seat is extremely narrow. The harness is quite good though. And there is a period when baby is too big for the newborn compartment, and too young for the back seat-not great when you have spent all that money on a 'must have' buggy. Not worth £300+
    The powertwin is a better all rounder, but so pricey. I found the best value for money to be a mothercare hoxton or cossatto duet lite. This were compact and comfy and perfectly 'adequate' for the job. Nothing will be perfect. If you consider a triple it would have to be 'inline' or it will be too wide. I had a double and buggyboard and sling for my 5. (4 in 4 years, twice) The middle three were newborn, 18 months and 28 months at the time. (Now 11 months, 3, 4, 5 and 8) Now I only need a single and buggyboard!! Yey! Unless you have money to burn Just go with the most practicle and affordable, I had 22 different double buggies and nothing was perfect.
    Good Luck.
    :starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family