I need a mobile with USB Flash Drive/Memory Stick/Pen Drive - do they exist?

They must exist.:eek:

Anyone got one that they can recommend? I keep losing my USB pen drive for storing files, but I don't lose my mobile, so I want a phone with an integral flash drive.

Cheaper the better.

Hope you can help.

Comments

• Why don't you get a phone with removable memory? You can then take out the Memory Stick, MMC, Micro SD or whatever memory format it uses and plug it in to a memory card reader on your computer.

If you want to use your phone as a usb stick without installing drivers/software etc then some phones have native usb support and come with a wire. An example of this is the Sony Erricson W850i and other Walkman phones which you can just plug in and drag and drop files to.
    If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom.
  • Den
    Den Posts: 432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    they might exist, BUT expect to pay extra money for it.

Find alternative to your need, sure it must exist :) this way you will save money.

Otherwise you should look at here: http://www.expansys.com/t.aspx?f=19
    Have you got something to share - Do it.
    When you don't know - Ask.
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just get a USB pen drive and attach it to your phone (like people do with phone charms). You can get some good small cheap USB drives from aria.co.uk

Never seen a Mobile with a full size USB drive. There are some with mini usb drives which with a mini and normal ended cable can attach to a PC to transfer files but you'd need a good memory on the phone in the first place which is usually a memory card but they can be put into some pc's also.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • rjm2k1
    rjm2k1 Posts: 650 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think I saw an SD card which could plug directly into a usb socket, so in theory you could get a phone with an sd card slot and use the card as a flash drive when you need to.
  • sheraz2
    sheraz2 Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    i used to have an Sony ericsson w800 and that came with a cable that u just connect to ur usb port and it instantly recognised it as a external drive like a usb pen drive no software needed to be installed, came with 512mb upgradeable to 2gig.

have the w850i and though it came with 1gig it isnt as straight forward as the w800 on the computer as the phone wont work when connected in file transfer mode but still good i'd recommend the w810i

good luck
    God made man, man made money, money made man mad
  • OddjobKIA
    OddjobKIA Posts: 6,380 Forumite
    o2 ice
    comes with micro sd card, mp3 player, bluetooth, 1.3 mp camera. etc etc
    Tesco doing them for about £50-60 at the moment
    THE SHABBY SHABBY FOUNDER
  • 25ben
    25ben Posts: 52 Forumite
    most mobiles have a memory card.... nokia usually has an mmc card... so for example...... buy a 1gb (or whatever size you want) MMC card from ebay............. also buy a MMC card usb reader (same size as a usb stick and only costs a few £) and then whenever you want to transfer files put the card in the reader, and use exactly the same as a flash drive
  • my t mobile vario 2 allows me to use it as a flash drive using some third party software.you just need a standard usb cable,plug it in and it shows up in "my computer" as a removable drive.

the free software can be found here;

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=1702

my older o2 xda mini s also worked with this so i presume other windows powered pda/phones will work ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure