Yorkshire Water moneyclaimonline advice needed please

Options
I've had a letter from Yorkshire Water after struggling to pay a £558 bill and it says I need to reply to the claim form 14 days from the date of service on the letter, the date of service being 5 days after the date on the letter which is the 18th of November.

So I had until the 7th of December to reply.

Anyway I went on the moneyclaimonline.gov.uk website today and chose to register an Acknowledgment of Service which gives me 28 days to respond instead of 14 days but I just need some clarification on what that actually means? Does it mean if they hadn't heard from me within 14 days judgment would be entered into against me? But now it's 28 days instead to give me time to prepare a defence as to why I couldn't pay the bill?

And if so when (if) would judgment (CCJ) be registered against me? Does anyone know? And how long do I have to pay off what's owed before the CCJ stays on my credit file for 6 years..

Also what date would the CCJ actually become active on my credit file as I'm completely unsure about all of this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The 'Debt Free Wannabe' board on MSE will probably give you more accurate information on the procedure in this type of situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure