Thinking of switching to O2 BB & Homephone?

Options
Currently with Sky LLU,have the Sky Talk with them which hasnt been working from last Thursday,so am considering a switch to O2 BB & Homephone,few questions if anyone could kindly answer,used Samknows and can get O2 LLU,says my line can get 16mbps,currently getting 15mbps with Sky,are O2's figures accurate?,will I have to pay O2 or BT to release my line from Sky Talk whom I have line rental with?account would be in my other halfs name and she has been a O2 PAYG customer for more than 2 years,will she get a discount?(im currently on a simplicity 12month contract on her name but my number),would phone O2 to ask all this but no working landline at minute(or can i call 202 from my mobile) so any help appreciated.........

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are estimates, what is your downstream line attenuation?

BTW if you have a line fault swapping ISPs won't fix it.

What is wrong with your connection?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    They are estimates, what is your downstream line attenuation?

BTW if you have a line fault swapping ISPs won't fix it.

What is wrong with your connection?

BB connection was ok with Sky,just phoneline was affected,kept cutting out on calls,was a problem at the exchange,is now resolved after 6 days without a landline,asked to be put through to cancellation team and was happy with the outcome we agreed on for loss of service....

Stats below.....

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
    WAN MER 1978836 2840995 0 16435 0 7:02:59
    LAN 1445771 1129686 0 80 74 131:46:33
    WLAN 1615855 983441 0 59188 16173 131:46:08
    ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 16816 kbps 1036 kbps
    Line Attenuation 20.5 db 10.0 db
    Noise Margin 9.0 db 12.7 db
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well you are getting just under 17mbps on your line, wish I did, I'd be tempted to stay where you are.
    PS Looks like there is a bit of headroom left on your connection too, you could probably squeeze a bit more out of it during the day if you reboot the router, although it would probably drop back at night.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • CG19a
    CG19a Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    I moved from O2 to Sky a few months ago. O2 always gave good service and I never had any problems with my phone or internet, except for their traffic management on the internet. It became so frustrating I ended up buying myself out of my last 6 months of my contract. I was by no means a heavy downloader but waiting 6 to 7 hours for something I used to be able to download in 10 to 15 mins was an absolute pain.
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    CG19a wrote: »
    I moved from O2 to Sky a few months ago. O2 always gave good service and I never had any problems with my phone or internet, except for their traffic management on the internet. It became so frustrating I ended up buying myself out of my last 6 months of my contract. I was by no means a heavy downloader but waiting 6 to 7 hours for something I used to be able to download in 10 to 15 mins was an absolute pain.

Read about the Traffic Shaping,but didnt realise it would be as bad as that,not a heavy downloader by anymeans,as Pehnryn suggested think I will stick with the devil I know for the time being.......

• hello2007
    Options
    I have O2 bb and have never waited 6-7 hours to download.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure