Moving in together/practical/financial help please!

Options
2»

Comments

• paddy's_mum
    paddy's_mum Posts: 3,977 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Why is it YOU who is tossing and turning, stressing and fretting, consulting friends and MSE to find a way to make this happen?

Put the load upon him and get him to tell you how this can all come to pass making only himself (not you and your children) so intensely vulnerable?

PS Your comment about access to a loft bedroom by way of "a ladder" absolutely terrifies me! Are you sure that you are dealing with stark priorities rather than romantic dreams?
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are quite right Person one, and I hate the fact that some older kids have no where to go once shortly new partner moves in etc.
    I hadn't meant to imply this, it was more thinking life always moves on and chnages and nothing stays the same. Just should have thought the way I expressed my answer through a bit more carefully .
    I also think all the children deserve to have their own space, for their own things, even if they don't live there permanently and those who do, to suddenly have to share would be veryspace invading I should think. Never forgot reading Jaqueline Wilsons 'The Suitcase Kid' :(
    A very difficult dilemma.

It was aimed at the OP, not at you, don't worry. Your post just made me think of the issue.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I read a previous post of OP where she stated where the debts came from.

In a nutshell:
    • split up from wife
    • 40k equity in house
    • 28k debts in BF name only
    • wife offered to buy him out of house for 7k and he retained debts.
    • Wife also kept car (3 year old mini) and BF kept old car
    • BF works two jobs
    So I can see how he ended up with such debt but even so he accummulated this knowingly with his ex so it suggests he's not as money savvy as OP though he is obviously hardworking doing two jobs.

I still wouldn't give up my family's financial security though at this stage but I suppose we all do stupid things for love.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure