Big scam is going on for vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Options
    buses7675 wrote:
    And why would anyone really have £850 of Argos Vouchers just 'hanging about'! :rotfl:

At one point i had over £2000 worth of high street vouchers just hanging around - came from my home insurance company as part of a settlement. I am in fact considering placing some of them on ebay in the not too distant future - not everyone selling vouchers is dodgy.
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    rdwarr wrote:
    Auction 290078034970 appears extremely scary!
    Seller has one questionable feedback for buying a phone from a now-NARU seller and is taking Bank Transfers, POs or pick-up only. I bet the pick-up isn't at his house though!

Its been removed!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • smartie1976
    smartie1976 Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Options
    At one point i had over £2000 worth of high street vouchers just hanging around - came from my home insurance company as part of a settlement. I am in fact considering placing some of them on ebay in the not too distant future - not everyone selling vouchers is dodgy.

Quite so, but chances are you have a good amount of decent, traceable feedback.
    Not just one sale for something trite, or from a NARU or shilling seller.
    You will also probably take proper pictures of them, cover the voucher numbers and photograph them next to a current paper and watermark them.

Buyers should use their eyes a little more when checking out the sellers.
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
  • MUHAMID
    MUHAMID Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to say but my intention is just to help and stop MSE members being ripped off by some scammers.
    if u feel my advise is not worthy or I'm expressing my angriness bcuz I'm ripped off...it nothing like that.
    These things happens with me very often.:o
    In my friends group I'm famous for finding exciting things which is not possible for them, other way doing silly mistakes which they can't believe.

If u still think the same, Administrators r free to remove my post.
    MSE IS AN ADDICTION
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Why did you want them in the first place? Am i missing something? Whats so great about vouchers?
  • MUHAMID
    MUHAMID Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kriss_boy wrote:
    Why did you want them in the first place? Am i missing something? Whats so great about vouchers?
    as i was gonna buy items worth £500.
    MSE IS AN ADDICTION
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    BUT you bid £450 for them... so that means your only getting 10% off goods from Argos... and my point is... by shopping around I bet I could find everything in the argos catalogue at least 30% cheaper elsewhere.

So why risk £450, and commint yourself to one shop, only to save approx 10%.
  • beetplek
    beetplek Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    There are so many people selling these vouchers, is there any way to report them to ebay?
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beetplek wrote:
    There are so many people selling these vouchers, is there any way to report them to ebay?

Although there are plenty of ways to take action against sellers by reporting them to eBay, there are few ways (and sometimes, absolutely none at all) that action is taken by eBay against the sellers after they've been reported.

:cry:
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Options
    You can report anyone on ebay, there is a link at bottom of each listing to report this item.

No one is trying to have a go at you Muhamid, what we are all trying to point out is that you originally asked for help and advice on these vouchers ob this very same forum. And a lot of MSE member tried to warn you off these vouchers by saying the same thing you are now saying, that most of the vouchers are a scam.

Next time you do post for advice perhaps, why not try an take in what is being offered to you.

Although at end of the day you will only do what you want to do
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family