Big scam is going on for vouchers

Options
There is a big scam going on on ebay for argos vouchers.
Its my personal experience.
so its my advise not to buy any of these items.
i dont know the process how to inform ebay so any one who is expert can save other people's valuable money.

Following is the link for Argos vouchers.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&shortcut=0&from=R41&query=argos+voucher&category0=

U can check all the listing in purple boxes.the sellers are having not more than 1 feedback.
MSE IS AN ADDICTION

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to be pedantic, but it was us on here who warned you in the first place that voucher sales were often scams. I'm sorry you got ripped off, but if you didn't heed our warning then maybe you should consider that generally posting warnings about scams is fruitless, as people will buy regardless.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kizzy001
    Kizzy001 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Leave the poor guy alone. it is up to the Individual to decide if he want's to listen or not. I'm sure this chap is feeling bad as it is having lost £400+ and he is only trying to be helpful to others.
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kizzy001 wrote:
    Leave the poor guy alone. it is up to the Individual to decide if he want's to listen or not. I'm sure this chap is feeling bad as it is having lost £400+ and he is only trying to be helpful to others.

people on the original thread were trying to be helpful....but it fell on deaf ears apparently....
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Auction 290078034970 appears extremely scary!
    Seller has one questionable feedback for buying a phone from a now-NARU seller and is taking Bank Transfers, POs or pick-up only. I bet the pick-up isn't at his house though!
    Can I help?
  • buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    rdwarr wrote:
    Auction 290078034970 appears extremely scary!
    Seller has one questionable feedback for buying a phone from a now-NARU seller and is taking Bank Transfers, POs or pick-up only. I bet the pick-up isn't at his house though!

And why would anyone really have £850 of Argos Vouchers just 'hanging about'! :rotfl:

Saw some similar Asda voucher ones last week, someone with a feedback of 1 trying to sell about £400 odd worth!

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    buses7675 wrote:
    And why would anyone really have £850 of Argos Vouchers just 'hanging about'! :rotfl:

Saw some similar Asda voucher ones last week, someone with a feedback of 1 trying to sell about £400 odd worth!

Cheers

Steve

yes, its not just Argos vouchers...need to be careful of ANY vouchers being sold in large amounts

even more so when they just use stock pictures from online, not actual photos of the items they have...
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Options
    Obviously some people have more money than sense.

Have said this a couple of time now, but why do people post on these forums asking for help and advice, when the poster allready know he/she is going to totally ignore any advice given. Defeats the whole purpose for asking.

But to come back on and start warnings others it is a scam is bit late dont you think.

Plus anyone who does buy several hundreds of pounds of vouchers to save a few quid, on ebay is asking for trouble.
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neilwoods wrote:
    Obviously some people have more money than sense.
    Well, at least they're trying to rectify the situation.

Soon they'll have more fake vouchers than sense!
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    A big scam on ebay.

Sorry, i just don't believe it.
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Avoriaz wrote:
    A big scam on ebay.

Sorry, i just don't believe it.
    Quite.

EbAY would never let something like that happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure