Question about TalkTalk/other broadband recommendation needed

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
4 replies 517 views
lowdenclearlowdenclear Forumite
173 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
We've been with TalkTalk since June, on their Talk 3 International plan... Now, it works out well for calls, seeing as we get most international calls for free (the only down side is that Norway isn't included on the list, as one of my housemates is Norwegian!)... But we're not happy with the broadband, which is also packaged in with it. It's just been really unreliable and tends to disconnect when you receive a call, and then not want to connect again at LEAST until you reboot your machine... and then sometimes not for DAYS!!! :mad: Not really good when my job requires me to work from home sometimes (and be online all that time) and so therefore we need a reliable broadband connection....

ANYWAY. We're moving house next month, and as we're still under contract, are taking TalkTalk with us... But I was wondering, do you HAVE to use the broadband part of the Talk 3 International plan, or can you have it for calls and use a different provider for broadband? Work will pay up to £20 a month for broadband for me, so I was thinking I might be as well ordering something that isn't going to fall over every 5 minutes... Does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals