~The Final MAKE £10 A DAY in December Challenge for 2011 ~ Everybody Welcome

Options

Comments

• BlueCow1975
    BlueCow1975 Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the 'Thanks' everyone! :)

OK, so not quite hit my target on my first day, but I did make £7 profit by selling a headband that I bought to re-sell.

:rotfl:I read that as £7 profit from selling my husband!!!! This thread is definitely affecting me!!

Got £3 to add from taking my own lunch to work today. Still not done any ebay listings but will get a few done this weekend.

Have a good evening folks! I am planning feet up, nice alcoholic beverage and will be watching the Walking Dead at 10pm (zombie series thing on one of the sky channels that hubbie has got me into and it is really good. Surprised I am saying that as that kind of thing normally bores me stiff!).
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2011 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Just £3 to add from me today, this is from a change jar i decided to count, was hoping for more, have about £12 in different denominations, but no more ready to bag yet, have some stuff lined up for next week and i have a £8 payment from ms that has been paid, but wont hit my account until monday/tuesday so i wont count it until then.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Monkeynut
    Monkeynut Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    Woohoo, finally watched enough videos to get me up to 3000 points on Maximiles, but when I went to cash out for a voucher, I realised that the points are worth more if they are saved up to get a higher denomination voucher. Not sure what to do with them now! We don't really need the vouchers at the moment I guess, we get £70 ish each month from CP and S&S altogether, so vouchers roll in quite quickly in this household :D
    But I don't like to leave points etc in accounts just in case the website goes bust or something. I know it's unlikely, but it has happened in the past.
    Hmm, what to do, what to do!?!
    Half of November Make £10 a Day Challenge: £51/ £170
  • Heamol
    Heamol Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    Saved 19p this PM at a late night shopping event in my village- 10% off in the sweet shop.

I feel a bit silly counting that but money is money :D
    :) Optima semper libera sunt :)

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Huh - apparently this is my 100th post on MSE, never would have expected I had so much to say about money.

:D:D:D surprising huh :beer:
  • Natterjack88
    Options
    £12 ebay profit to add from buy to sell stuff. I've also got loads ending tomorrow from free listing weekend, 2 with bids on. One is a leather look Jacket I hardly wore but put bidding starting at £14.99 as it was the first time listing and it has a bid on :). Sunday is the only post office free day for me so will be back to update more from ebay sales again tomorrow, Im almost on first name terms with all the girls in the post office now aswell.
    £20 a day April 2014 £834.87/£600 :j
    £20 a day May 2014 £108.45/£600
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    *BRINGING THE THREAD DOWN POST ALERT!*

I've had a horrible start to the month; found out today that I will be going to panel re.fostering, with the most likely outcome be de-registration. Im so unbelieveably fed up and angry with the fostering team. Absolutely none of it was my fault but 'incidents' were brought up in court and used against the council to make them look stupid(quite rightly!) and of course the council are looking for someone to blame...that being me. So Im going to be given a huge report to read on 23rd december and I have to report back by 27th. Great christmas! To make it worse I have to go to panel on 17th January, the day my plane get in from Morocco. So all holiday I'll be fretting. If I am de-regestered then I'll lose £1k a month....how am I supposed to make up this shortfall?! So a tad worried about money for the future...why is my life so complicated?!!
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello peeps, I'm back! Not done this for months but December seems a VERY good place to start! Got £18 from an eBay sale yesterday and a friend returned a tenner I'd lent her today so that's £28 already :)
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nat21luv wrote: »
    how am I supposed to make up this shortfall?! So a tad worried about money for the future...why is my life so complicated?!!

((((((((((((((((((((Nat))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

you know what I am going through, so know how you feel right now!

Hopefully everything will be fine and you won't be deregistered.
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nat, really sorry to hear your news. Fingers crossed for you.
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family