EXPIRED Build a Bear Gingerbread Man or Gingerbread Lady £5 each One day only

Options

Comments

• cloz
    cloz Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Managed to get two in my local this morning, will have two happy boys over Christmas :j
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
  • Sugarhunny1
    Options
    I thought it was a poor show from BAB, they should have realised that demand would have been high and the shambles with it being online one day and instore the next. I was refreshing for hours last night. Felt disappointed with the service from BAB this time round and normally I am raving about the service and products.

Don't know if I can be bothered with the Smurfs but would have loved a Gingerbread boy and girl for my youngest :(

Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • Sceptre
    Sceptre Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks OP. I managed to get a boy and a girl in my local store this afternoon - really pleased. The sales assistant said that they were 'amazed' at the 'rush' first thing this morning! Thankful that they found a few more by the time that I arrived.

Sorry to those who weren't so lucky. :(
  • nikki1306
    Options
    Has anyone who managed to order last night had theirs despatched yet ?? I ordered about 9pm and my order is still processing, thanks.
    :santa2:Christmas Challenge:snow_laug
    To be in the 11's Only 13lb to go :j x
    :xmastree:
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: For legal reasons I have to discourage swapping, buying and selling on the forum (please see this rule). While it can be a very useful way of saving money it relies on a certain amount of trust between members and as such can cause problems (and has in the past). If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

sorry but some posts offering or asking for items have been removed.
  • nettynora
    nettynora Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    nikki1306 wrote: »
    Has anyone who managed to order last night had theirs despatched yet ?? I ordered about 9pm and my order is still processing, thanks.

I ordered at 2.40pm yesterday and order still showing as processing too HTH
    And if I really were an angel, I'd float over your bed
    Each night a different dream of me I'd plant inside your head
    And if I were an angel, I tell you what I'd do
    I'd appear in a vision and I'd give my wings to you
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    It's annoying when people buy up stuff and then ebay them all. Greedy, greedy, greedy. Were there restructions on how many you could buy online? It would be helpful if BAB had limited them to 2 per customer.

I haven't seen these gingerbread bears so I don't know how much of a bargain they are, but sometimes I think it's better if companies actually charge a bit more as it would discourage people from buying up stock.
  • kerrydrobertson
    Options
    i went into store after i finished work and there was still quite a lot left, sales assistant was trying to tempt people in and tell them about the offer. was so tempted to buy them as they are lovely, but managed to walk away :-)
  • sarz1986
    Options
    They were out of stock online last night and then were out of stock in store at 10:30am this morning. they are selling them online on ebay but at extortionate price. :(

Do you think they will be coming back in stock to buy at original price as that is cheaper than ebay prices also.

Thanks
  • Jada90
    Jada90 Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After commenting on their facebook wall, I decided to call my local babw (Reading, The Oracle) and asked before I made the trip down if they had any boy's left, I wanted 1 for my son, and my sister wanted 2 for her son's, lovely lady asked for my name and put 3 behind the till's for us said she could keep them til 12, so my sister got herself and her boys quickly dressed, popped to tesco to get dtd on the tummy star's and then went to town, got their about 12:05 as the car park que was crazy! (Hello Christmas shoppers), when my sister see them she wanted another boy for a present could only find a big display full of girl's, asked a lady carrying a boy where she got it from and she said you can have it I don't want it anymore, so I got 1 and my sister got 3, you could indeed buy just 1 as I did.! Even staff wasn't aware of it until she scanned it for me and it came up £5, lovely staff at the store, my box broke after 1 hour of me carrying it around town, went back instore & they replaced it for me, worth ringing up in future for other deal's to reserve (put behind till) was very disapointed after receiving the email and they was out of stock online so glad I made that phonecall.

Really sorry to those who missed out, I myself wrote on their facebook wall saying it was a disgrace.! False advertising etc, watch dog threat's the lot x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure