bill confusion

Options
water bill confusion we moved into our new house in april and left the bill with northumbrian water, i believe the annual bill should be around £350-£400 but we are paying £55 a month at the minute, so £650 for the year.

should i be ringing the water company to complain or is this normal in the first year?

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you talking about RV billing or metered billing?
    The normal billing cycle is 10 monthly payments, so your monthly DD would be £55x10=£550.
    On what basis do you 'believe' the bill should be £350-400?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    I am starting to sound like a stuck record : more info required....

If you want help then you need to give us something to work with
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • timcreggan
    Options
    apologies

yes its RV billing

and if its only billed for 10 months of the year then i guess it makes sense - i moved in mid-april and probably didn't get the direct debit and billing set up for a month or so, therefore it probably works out at around £450 for the year

i'd got my sums a bit wrong in the earlier post, as i had read that northumbrian charge an average of £150 per room (we're 3 bedrooms here) so £450 for the year not £400

you all sound sick of answering questions on this so i'll say thanks for the info
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't think we are sick of answering questions..It is more about the lack of info in most posts that makes it hard.

We need to know if a bill is metered or RV before we can help or answer anything and that seems to be the one bit of info everyone forgets to tell us..What happens is people go through all the options for say a metered bill and then find out it is an RV bill and thus totally different.

If your bill is RV then there is nothing you can do and the figure will be correct.

Apply for a meter and see what that does to your bill and you have at least 12 months to revert back to RV billing so really there is no harm in trying.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport