Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

December 2011 - Grocery Challenge - Page 26

New Post Advanced Search

December 2011 - Grocery Challenge

edited 17 November 2011 at 11:18AM in Old Style MoneySaving
964 replies 77.4K views

Replies

• Nothing spent on 1st and 2nd :) OH went to T's today for mini screwdrivers and came back with said item along with some Magnums and a chocolate gateaux ... I understand the Magnums as I have a really sore throat and Magnums are my fave ice cream :) But the gateaux is frozen??? It has to be defrosted for two hours so we can't eat it tonight and we're going shopping tomorrow so why??? I will never understand him bless his cotton socks :) So I have a spend to report of £4.94 on complete junk :/
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • 666paw666paw Forumite
    332 posts
    Shopping has now been completed along with the booze run, so today we have spent :eek: 60.70 on booze and 49.83 on general shopping, so a total of 110.53. I just need eggs so will get them from the farm tomorrow. Should be it until next week unless the milk goes before then.

Some of the general items will last for a while as stocked up on toilet rolls and wash powder.

So that brings my grand total to 154.56, here hoping I can make it this time.

MFI3 T3 # 75
  • Just a couple of updates

Ordered some stuff off approved foods. £32.61, stocked up on cheap toilet roll and some other bits and bobs, not sure if it was all stuff we needed though and a bit worried cos read some reviews saying people have had problems with stuff arriving damaged, or not at all!! It was late when i ordered it, think i might have been over tired and not thinking straight!! Hehe, i guess thats what this month is about, seeing where it all goes and making a few mistakes along the way!

Second was trip to Mr S for week shop, £31.15 but stocked up on softener which will last me FOREVER!!! Got a couple of good reduced fish stuff as well so was pleased with them! This £200 is going quick though! eek!! Oh and got a 9p voucher off sainsbury brand match....every little helps!
    January Grocery Challenge £54.72/£250
    Jan NSDs 4/8
    Credit Card £237.83/£1580.68
    SPC#5 - #1476
  • Just a couple of updates

Ordered some stuff off approved foods. £32.61, stocked up on cheap toilet roll and some other bits and bobs, not sure if it was all stuff we needed though and a bit worried cos read some reviews saying people have had problems with stuff arriving damaged, or not at all!! It was late when i ordered it, think i might have been over tired and not thinking straight!! Hehe, i guess thats what this month is about, seeing where it all goes and making a few mistakes along the way!

Second was trip to Mr S for week shop, £31.15 but stocked up on softener which will last me FOREVER!!! Got a couple of good reduced fish stuff as well so was pleased with them! This £200 is going quick though! eek!! Oh and got a 9p voucher off sainsbury brand match....every little helps!

hi i have had a few orders of approved food and never had any problems im sure it will be fine.:):)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Fingers crossed! Im just a bit annoyed, the savings on the cheap loo roll were prob cancelled out by getting other stuff we maybe didnt need, although i think i ordered enough choc biscuits to last well into 2013:rotfl: Who am i kidding, i'll have prob eaten them by January!
    January Grocery Challenge £54.72/£250
    Jan NSDs 4/8
    Credit Card £237.83/£1580.68
    SPC#5 - #1476
  • franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning

Had an A*da shop yesterday and my total is already £95.59/£380. OK but something must have happened to their pepperoni pizzas in the van because they've shrunk :mad::mad:

Today I will sit down and make a proper plan up to the 23rd as I'm determined not to just slide into pre-Christmas indulgence, for the sake of both the budget and my weight!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • hex2hex2 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Hi everyone - thanks for the thread and the support.

I am drawing a line under November and pretending it never happened. I stopped counting which is fatal. The feezer is quite full.

Please put Hex2 down for £500 for December
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Had a couple of small spends to report. OH spent £8.00 in A$da on a small weekend alcoholic tipple and eggs and bacon for weekend breakfasts ( an approximation as lost receipt!!). I also spent £2.00 in c0op on a salad for my lunch on friday and £1 on a pack of Monster Munch in PL.

Another NSD today. Have plenty in and will adapt what I have to make our dinner. I have Lentil Soup in SC already so DD gets something healthy before she heads for work and I think I will do something with lamb for hubby and I ( got a pack for 70p reduced last week:D) so that'll be a treat. Will try and make a pasta bake today ready for tomorrows dinner that DD can just slam in the oven so it's easy when we get home from work.

Have a good day today everyone:T
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • morning guys hope everyone is well,:)
    well went to mr t's last night and spent 16.97 got a couple of whoopsies i got 2 packs of the square warbutons breadcakes 9p each and a pack of hovis breadcakes also 9p so ideal for packed lunches, also got some cooked meat,cheese, cadburys puddings b1g2f and some other bits n bobs also bought a few other things like a rechargeable battery pack, game for oh, tin of celebrations,tin of quality street n other bits but thats out a different budget.hope everyone has a good day, i really need to get in gear n go to work just made packed lunch cheese and ham sandwich,yoghurt ,bag of crisps not very exciting but alot cheaper then buying from work :)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Piper sky, I feel your pain with the first spend being on junk. After doing so well and starting with 2 NSD we went to Sains last night and bought a load of total rubbish! £8.75 on crisps, dip, chocolate fudge cake (from the fridge so we could eat ours right away), fizzy juice ect! Dont regret it though, was worth it, and plenty left for tonight! Will be spending some more today probably in Lidl for some lunch stuff and any fruit and veg we need for dinners. Shouldnt be too bad though. Spent much less than i would normally have by this time of the month so the GC is definatley working :-)

Read on another thread that the Sains Basics tuna has gone up from 45p to 66p!!! Not happy, this was always our cheap lunch option. Cant complain i suppose, still cheaper than the brands
    June GC £130.93/£150
    Wedding Date Set 13th October 2012 :T