IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE Blog: How councils make a farce of the parking ticket appeals system

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    And what about Westminster illegally using bailiffs before the person has even appealed fully:

http://nutsville.com/?p=3607

'Westmonster', they are known as on pepipoo, alonmg with other dodgy Councils such as 'Scamden'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Then there are the CEOs, some of whom just rip up tickets and pretend they have put them on the windscreen (it's true, people have found the ripped up tickets) when a car drives away. Daft because there is a postal PCN they can generate instead but maybe that takes too much thought!

And some of whom lie about being assaulted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/8876395/Lying-traffic-wardens-caught-out-by-CCTV.html

Shocking. :mad:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • City of London have not contested a single appeal since 25th Aug 2010 last year.
    They have either bailed out just before the appeal hearing,
    or do not presented any evidence.

It is clearly a deliberate tactic as their latest Parking and Traffic Report for 2010/2011 states:
    We also have not contested appeals over the previous year but we will start contesting appeals these again from September 2011.
  • theshed
    theshed Posts: 223 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was the victim of a similar problem but with a Police issued parking ticket.
    I explained to the officer issuing the ticket why it was not deserved, but she insisted she knew the law and gave me a ticket.
    I appealed and was summoned to appear in court, I took a day of work and waited five hours to appear. I stated my case then was told I would have to return for a full hearing, I went thinking it was to be a full hearing, but, the Police had not turned up!
    The Magistrate I felt tried to persuade me not to proceed and just pay up. I knew I was right so I carried on.
    I took another day off work, now the third because I had spent a day in the library colating evidence and also watching a proceeding as I had never been to Court previously.
    As I was about to leave home, the post arrived with a letter from the CPS saying I had no case to answer.
    So that was three days lost work and if I wanted to submit a claim I had to attend court and take off a FOURTH day.
    As has been suggested the system is largely there to scare people into paying up and shutting up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure