MSE News: Hope for child trust fund holders who want 'better' junior Isas

2»

Replies

• ChamFanChamFan Forumite
    2 Posts
    I signed the petition as 4659, but the number didn't increase after I confirmed by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
    If 100,000 signatories is the target to get it debate in the HoC, then not incrementing the number each time is a sure-fire way to ensure it doesn't get debated.
    What's the alternative route to getting the 'no J-ISA for you bunch' rules changed? Martin for PM?? ;)
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just recieved a statement for one of mine and it's made a loss. I am not surprised and have signed the petition. At the very least at least all of my children will have the same product. I'm surprised more people haven't signed it to be honest.

If you have taken out a stock market based product and are not aware or comfortable that it may drop in value then it isn't the right product for you.

A drop over one year with the current turmoil in markets isn't unexpected.

I can see the benefits of only a single type of saving account in much the same way as PEPs and ISAs were merged.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • There is a new HM Government e-petition to allow CTFs to be transferred to Junior ISAs - epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45469 (sorry, as a fresher I can't use hyperlinks) - this needs as many signatures as possible, especially with the budget coming up in less than a month.
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides