Trying to find my water meter

Options
I recently moved into a new home with my partner and her children and we have been trying to locate our water meter. I've been in touch with our lettings agent who don't know, and with Anglian Water. They told me that its under one of four round covers in the street outside. I can't find any such covers, but there is a long rectangular cover with a 'W' or 'M' in its center.

The apartment block next to us also has these covers outside. Does anyone know if these are water meter covers?

Thanks!

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a large square cover on ours.

Why not open one up and have a look?
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    edited 31 October 2011 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Sounds like its in a 4 or 6 port manifold , there will be a handle you can pop up in the corners, you will need the serial number to find the correct meter.

As you are in a flat its worth flow checking you are paying on the correct meter :)

Anglian Water will have on record the meter location so if you get stuck you can always ring and ask them

You can see a pic here of a manifold chamber is this what you are looking at ?

manifold.jpg
  • hopperson
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what we have outside... ~I'll take a proper look at the weekend. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure