Worth complaining about shopping non-delivery?

I ordered some shopping to be delivered from Asda between 8 and 10pm last night. It hadn't come by 5 past 10, so I phoned customer services, and got through after a 20 minute wait. I was told it would probably come, so I waited up to 11.30pm. It didn't come.

Spent another 15 minutes on the phone today, and found out the order had been cancelled as one van driver was off ill. Order rearranged for Tuesday.

So, is it worth complaining to Asda about this? It was a big waste of my time, not to mention stressful and it left me hungry!

Comments

• grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I ordered some shopping to be delivered from Asda between 8 and 10pm last night. It hadn't come by 5 past 10, so I phoned customer services, and got through after a 20 minute wait. I was told it would probably come, so I waited up to 11.30pm. It didn't come.

Spent another 15 minutes on the phone today, and found out the order had been cancelled as one van driver was off ill. Order rearranged for Tuesday.

So, is it worth complaining to Asda about this? It was a big waste of my time, not to mention stressful and it left me hungry!

Seems like you have already complained and they are redelivering.

A bit rubbish they didn't tell you when you called though.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • I mean is it worth complaining to customer services to see if I can get a voucher or something as compensation for wasting my time?
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I mean is it worth complaining to customer services to see if I can get a voucher or something as compensation for wasting my time?

I know that was what you meant... :rotfl:

How much time was wasted?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • grayme-m wrote: »
    How much time was wasted?
    Enough to annoy me, including the inconvenience of hanging on the telephone for half an hour in total listening to their awful piped music.

I've never complained to a company before, but then I've never experienced such shoddy service before. That's why I'm asking.
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    On several occassions where Sainsburys have turned up outside the booked slot, they have given a £10 voucher as a matter of course when i rang customer service to complain.

Not turning up at all, is a worse proposition, and yes, inconvenient as you had to stay up for nothing, and now have no food till Tuesday instead of Saturday as you asked -am assuming you will have to go buy a few bits to tide you over now, which kind of defeats the object.

In your shoes, i would certainly expect some form of sorry gesture.
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If customer services do not offer anything, contacting head office usually gets a result.

I ordered with click and collect, arrived at the store, they did not have the items and did not know if they would get them, contacted head office and got a £20 voucher

Went to a number of carveries which started serving later than stated, contacted head office, go a free meal for two

Asda CEO

[EMAIL="andy.clarke@asda.co.uk"]andy.clarke@asda.co.uk[/EMAIL]

You could mention that they should have known the delivery was not coming during the first call, had they told you then, you would have been able to order a takeaway, and ordering online is supposed to avoid inconvenience
  • nikki1520
    nikki1520 Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    One time Sainsbury's messed me about a huge amount, delivery was over 24 hours late, and the store manager lied several times saying it was on it's way - the till reciept was timed after he told me this. Head office refunded me the entire amount.

I wasn't annoyed so much because it was late - apparently a lot of drivewrs went down with the flu - it was the being lied to I objected to, although the inconvinience was considerable too

Make a bit of a fuss, but be pleasant - it goes a long way
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Enough to annoy me, including the inconvenience of hanging on the telephone for half an hour in total listening to their awful piped music.

I've never complained to a company before, but then I've never experienced such shoddy service before. That's why I'm asking.

Just ask but do it politely. The worst they can say is no.
  • Thanks all, great advice.

I made a complaint by phone in the end, just now. I couldn’t find an email address for Head Office (was told on the phone you have to write a letter), and I didn’t fancy emailing the CEO!

I think they said that they’d attach a ten pound e-voucher to my account. If that comes through, I’ll be happy with it. I’d prefer my shopping here now, obviously, but that seems fair enough.
  • SandC
    SandC Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think it's right to complain and expect some recompense for inconvenience. Don't they have a note of telephone numbers anyway 'in case there is a problem with your order'? If they take numbers then they should call or text to let you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure