Disneyland Paris

Options

Comments

• R&C
    R&C Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if 2 nights/3 days in the park enough, or is 3 nights/4 days more worth it? Asking as I can get the 2* Sante Fe for 3 nights for the same price as the 4* Hotel New York for 2 nights.

Not entirely fussed on star ratings but if you can see and do everything in 2 nights/3 days then I might aswell choose this option (once I get round the hubby! ;))
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww only £219 for the days /hotel I want for the four of us, and hubby says no. To be fair he can't really get time off during term time, even if it is only 2 days, and it's too silly expensive in the school holidays, like everywhere else. So no going away for us again next year either. Dammit. :'(
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • clairelou44
    clairelou44 Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    3 nights, family of 5 Davy Crockett ranch £389!

First holiday since 2008 - Children are BURSTING with excitement!!
    Thank you OP!!

Hi, what dates did you book? We stayed there last year and would love to go again but cheapest I can find for 3 nights is £508
    Everything Happens for a Reason....
  • clairelou44
    clairelou44 Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    R&C wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 2 nights/3 days in the park enough, or is 3 nights/4 days more worth it? Asking as I can get the 2* Sante Fe for 3 nights for the same price as the 4* Hotel New York for 2 nights.

Not entirely fussed on star ratings but if you can see and do everything in 2 nights/3 days then I might aswell choose this option (once I get round the hubby! ;))

The first time we went in 2009 we went for 2 nights / 3 days and personally did not find it was long enough for us. Last year we went for 4 nights / 5 days but I was 6 months pregnant and knew I would want to rest a bit instead of rushing around and spending the whole day in the park so in all honesty 3 nights / 4 days is probably perfect
    Everything Happens for a Reason....
  • resseh
    resseh Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Im tempted to book but the reviews for Euro Disney seem really bad with expensive poor quality food and rude customer service from the french
  • flis21
    flis21 Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Options
    Shame offer is only up to Jan, we're planning on going in May next year. Will keep my eyes out for any good deals tho!
    Sorting my life out to give a better life to my
    :heartsmil 2 gorgeous boys :heartsmil
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    resseh wrote: »
    Im tempted to book but the reviews for Euro Disney seem really bad with expensive poor quality food and rude customer service from the french

yep, DLP is expensive for food. The counter service restaurants (can't call them fast food because its not fast ;)) are mostly average. Table and buffet service are much better value for money - but you are looking at around 9 euros per child and 20 euros per adult for those, and upwards.

There is however a McDonalds and an Earl of Sandwich in the Village, right next to the parks.

I love going to Disneyland Paris, and budget accordingly. Its not a cheap holiday, but its a great place to visit, in my opinion. Its much more than a theme park.

If you drive and book Davy Crockatts Ranch, you can go to the supermarket at Val d'Europe 5 minutes drive away and stock up for dinner, as its self-catering there.

I've never found customer services anywhere at DLP to be rude - smile and be polite and you'll get the same in return.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2011 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Not all cast members are French also so bear this in mind. I've not had bad customer service anywhere there, it is Disney and this is not what they are all about. Sure you get some people on an off day but with so many people, it is understandable.

The other visitors CAN be rude but again you get that anywhere too. We went to Cadbury World last week and the number of people pushing in as if they were not going to get anything... and then pushing to the front of the queue as well despite it not being their due time. And then on Fri we went to Warwick Castle and we were first in the queue into the Princess Tower - well, when the door open this lady and her friend pushed al of their kids in front of our kids, I have never seen anything like it. I just pushed my way through the middle of them so they could not all get through.

Food: Yes it can be expensive, there is a little garage on site that sells drinks and snacks - buy from there. Also from the shop inside the station where they do subs for around 3 Euros - one fed both of my children. King Ludwig does free kids meals at lunchtime. You can eat cheap but we go there knowing that we will be eating out and plan for that accordinally.

We used our CC vouchers to pay for the Eurotunnel last time too - on the way out the CS was great, on the way back - ignorant and rude customer service, that is all I can say!! You get it wherever you go, do not let it put you off having a magical time.
  • Carriannelouise
    Options
    Beetlemama wrote: »
    Your Total Cost = £142.00

General-1.jpg
    Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
    Dates: 16/01/2012 - 18/01/2012
    Rating: star.gifstar.gif
    More details on this property

TypeBoard BasisPriceStandard Room (*40% Discount) (*kids Under 12 Free*) - Adults: 1, Children: 1Room And Breakfast (includes Daily Park Passes)£142.00Supplements / Discounts£0.00Total Cost = £142.00Prices correct at: 30/10/2011 11:06:51 Your Total Cost = £142.00

wow....wish I had a spare £142 :rotfl:

i have stayed in this hotel its not all that good the rooms are cold and drafty and there is no extra bedding. the buildings are a bit run down and they are very basic rooms and the kettles are DISGUSTING they have all this squidgy brown mush in the bottom (not lime scale more like rusty mud??? in both of our adjoining rooms) the breakfast is ok well to be fair its great when you see food prices on the park so fill up! there is lots of cereals and bread to choose from, some meats and cheese if you can get your hands on any!! some people took half a tray for about 4 people and then left tonnes! the orange juice is lovely and drinks are there for you to help yourself to i filled a flask as drinks on the park are very expensive.

you also get to walk for 10-15 mins or take the dreaded yellow sardine tin bus! my advice is to walk. the bus is awful they cram people in until you literally cannot move the windows are steamed up and you are so glad to be in the park by the time you get there!! coming back isnt as bad but dont go to the park on the bus its too busy

i suppose its a really good deal for that price but we paid a lot more unfortunately and were very dissapointed for that price id go and just ignore the room tho x
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    I agree about the buses - they get very busy at the start and end of the park days, so walk (all the hotels are within 15 minutes walk of the parks at the most).

We've been to the Santa Fe in December and our room was toasty warm, same with the Cheyenne. The kettles, when provided, were clean inside in both those hotels when I've had them. The Santa Fe has, in the last year, been refurbished in the rooms and in the main reception block too.

If you need extra pillows, bedding or towels for the bathroom, its just like any hotel anywhere in the world - ask reception for them :). Have to say though, we've never needed extras.

You don't have to accept horrible rooms, grungy kettles etc - complain. Its a 2-star hotel, but that doesn't mean you should accept unhygienic or unsafe standards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure