Sweetdaisy's aim to be mortgage-free

Options

Comments

• sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sold fleece all in ones on ebay and they always sell well.

Thanks. I had considered this but didn't feel that they would sell as DS1 wore them first then DS2. Also, with the charges on ebay and sorting out getting to the PO to send the items, I thought it was best (and easier!) to place in a charity bag.
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Credit Card statement received today and last month we earned £29.03. Total cashback to be paid in January 2014 is now £86.65. At this rate I will exceed last year's Cashback.
  • sweetdaisy
    edited 24 July 2013 at 10:52PM
    Options
    £167.85 monthly interest added to the mortgage today. That's £10 less than last month and as we are Offsetting, this is equivalent to an overpayment of £111 :).
  • sweetdaisy
    edited 14 June 2014 at 10:58PM
    Options
    Returned home today following a weekend away in Devon (Caravan Park in Cullompton). The boys loved staying in a Caravan and were sharing a bedroom - which was interesting as DS2 is in a cot at home and was in a bed for the first time. There were many late nights (with DS2 getting out of bed all the time) and frequent conversations between the boys at 'silly o'clock' in the morning :rotfl:, but we all enjoyed.

It was nice to have a break from my laptop and MFW spreadsheets! However, when I checked my emails today I had 58 survey invitations in my Inbox!

Celebrated DS2's 2nd Birthday last week and had a little tea party at home _party_. He had a balance bike and is doing really well on it, so we are out on our bikes every day at the moment.

Sorted all the finances out today and made an overpayment. Current mortgage balance is £70,898. I hope to get the mortgage balance in the £69,000's by September.
  • southerndave
    Options
    Hi Daisy, long time away from boards and trying to catch up. Sounds like you're doing well and glad you had a nice break. Looking forward to my week off coming soon!
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Took DS1 to the Cinema to see Smurfs 2 today, we wanted to see Despicable Me 2 but it was completely sold out! Made use of Orange Wednesday's so it only cost £7.30 for my ticket, plus treats for DS1.

I know it's a long way off (and Tilly is good at reminding us of how many days are left :)) but I have added some Christmas presents :xmassmile to my Amazon Wish List. Going to spend some time over the next few weeks looking to see where I can buy them at cheaper prices and hopefully can buy them through TopCashback for extra savings.

DH passed his Portal Crane driver test today :j, so now has his full portal licence and will now be able to work overtime as he is qualified. He will hopefully be going onto the Receiver Crane training in a few months. He is still on a Temp contract with an agency, so no idea of if/when he will be taken on as a permanent member of staff, so still putting all extra money into savings/mortgage whilst he is on a better wage, as not sure how long it will last.

Received a payment from a survey site today so £8 made as an OP and £8 paid into the mortgage overpayment 'pot'.
  • sweetdaisy
    edited 14 June 2014 at 10:58PM
    Options
    DS2 had a follow-up ECG and Heart Scan today and thankfully all is well :). DS2 will no longer need to see the Cardiologist.

After a 7 week wait, DS2's new shoes came in today, so we collected them from the hospital. They are the same make and style as his previous shoes and look so big compared to his other ones, but they should see him through to Winter.

Spent the past couple of days loading photos onto Photobox so that I can update our photo albums. I really should be more organised with this as I thought that I had done the Christmas photos but obviously when I looked realised that I hadn't. So have uploaded Christmas, Birthday and holiday photos - all ready to order through TopCashback.

DH gets paid tomorrow, so will do my usual shuffle of monies between accounts.
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    Great news about your son :T
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi SD, that's fab news about your son