Sweetdaisy's aim to be mortgage-free

Options

Comments

• megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sweetdaisy wrote: »
    Oh, I wish I started this MFW journey around 5 years ago . . .

You and me both (and probably most people on here)!

Well done on the survey payouts:j
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • cafelady
    cafelady Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Sweetdaisy

Just popping in to say I think you are doing brilliantly. Well done on your overpayments so far!
  • sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cafelady wrote: »
    Hi Sweetdaisy

Just popping in to say I think you are doing brilliantly. Well done on your overpayments so far!

Thanks megela and cafelady :). The only thing that keeps me going is that by reducing the mortgage it will (hopefully) give me an opportunity to be able to change my job to one which is closer to home and less responsibility! I can but hope . . .
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    I received my confirmation letter from Natwest yesterday to say that they have approved my increased monthly mortgage payment. I will now be paying £750 a month from the middle of June. If I carry on with my increased monthly payment and additional overpayments I could possibly repay the mortgage in the summer of 2020! If we manage to achieve this, we would have paid off the mortgage 6 years earlier than the original term. I'm not going to pin my hopes on this, as it is a long way off, but I like the sound of being Mortgage Free in 2020 (has a nice ring to it) and I'll be 41 years old.

Had a great weekend and made the most of the nice weather so did lots with the children :) including a trip to an outdoor Museum and a Birthday party. I went for an hour walk yesterday and this morning, so as long as I watch what I am eating I hope to lose a couple of pounds and tone up for the Summer.

Plans for our September holiday are currently on hold for the time being as DH may change shift pattern, so I can't book anything just yet, but looking forward to some time off work at the end of May and a week off work at the end of July. So I will have to plan some day trips for the boys.
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    sweetdaisy wrote: »
    I received my confirmation letter from Natwest yesterday to say that they have approved my increased monthly mortgage payment. I will now be paying £750 a month from the middle of June.

This must be the only place on the internet where you say congratulations on spending more money every month - but congratulations :rotfl:
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Absolutely. Excellent stuff. I also like this forum as I was brought up to think that it was impolite to ever discuss money, which probably explains why I handled it so badly in my youth. On here I can talk about it to my heart's content!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Absolutely. Excellent stuff. I also like this forum as I was brought up to think that it was impolite to ever discuss money, which probably explains why I handled it so badly in my youth. On here I can talk about it to my heart's content!

Thanks QB Wolf and SSS.

Couldn't agree more, I love being able to talk anonymously on here about money. The only people that I talk 'money' with apart from DH, are my Parents and Sister. No one else knows about my MFW quest, definitely not my work colleagues :rotfl:.

I can't wait for the day to come where if asked I can say 'Oh, we don't have a mortgage'.
  • sweetdaisy
    edited 22 May 2013 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Credit Card statement received today and last month I earned £10.05 cashback. Total cashback to be paid in January 2014 is now £42.41.

Monthly mortgage interest will hopefully be added to the mortgage at the end of the week, however I know it will be more than last month as I took some money out of the Offset Savings account to repay a family loan.

DH came home from work today with the news that his job is looking uncertain for the moment and may be made redundant :(. He will hopefully find out more on Friday and is hoping that due to the nature of his role he will be kept on, so we'll have to wait and see.

Received my new laptop charger in the post yesterday as it stopped working on Sunday, checked the fuse and cable so assumed it had died, however after dropping the old charger on the kitchen floor it started working again :mad:. So I ended up paying £24 for a new charger (by express delivery) but at least I now have a spare one for when the charger decides to stop working again.
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for your husband.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning SD, has your husband let the agency know that there may be a concern about his job? They could start looking for alternatives now - he wouldn't need to leave, but could have interviews etc if necessary.

Good luck, Tilly.
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business