ISA Transfer

Options
Hi All,

very quick (and probably stupid) one...I read through the ISA transfers article, but couldn't see an answer to this:

Does it matter when you transfer your isa?
I tend to think of them as paying off anually, so if I were to transfer now, would I love all the interest up til now?

I have a barclays mini cash isa thing I set up about 5 years ago, it doesn't have much in it, but it's got to be worth shifting it to somewhere with a little more interest...

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No doesn't matter when you transfer (although companies are a lot busier around the end/start of the tax year on April 5th).

You interest will be credited up to the day you close he account so you won't lose anything.

Be aware that you can lose a few days interest as part of the transfer e,g, if it's send 2nd class on a weekend. You need to factor this in but if you have a rubbish paying account then it's probably still worth transferring.

Be aware that a few institutions have raised rates after the Jan interest raise rise. Most haven't, but it's not a level playing field when making comparisons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure