edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
32 replies 4.5K views

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dave_c wrote: »
    this is the same lloyds bank that changed the rules on our telephone savings account (without telling us) so it was impossible to transfer money out of the account!

No way will i go near this incompetent bunch of idiots masquerading as a reputable bank.

Dave

well said, and let that be a warning to everyone
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • opinions4u wrote: »
    Lloyds TSB staff sold their loans. Very little came through third parties.

If your staff I'd be very skeptical about having a loan with your employer. The bank really does have you well and truly under the thumb as an employee and borrower.

They know you're tied to the bank not only for your job, but with a debt owed to them as well. I bet they would be rubbing their hands with glee in the knowledge that they have you trapped for the length of the loan. :D
  • pwukpwuk Forumite
    152 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    In comparison to other high street retail banks Lloyds in my experience offer an excellent service. The staff from my local branch won their internal Customer Service Award this year and this is evident from their attentive and prompt approach to assisting their customers. Just as good as internet or telephone banking but able to offer immediate assistance and validation when necessary.

Like any other business, Lloyds look to generate income and some of their rates are higher than their high street competitors but in my view they are typically more than reasonable. If some of their practices are to be considered questionable on a case by case basis by its customers, the customer has free choice to select a product from another provider.

There are other banking institutions that deserve a significant boot in the back side and bad publicity but Lloyds does not and considering the sheer size of their business they are doing a splendid job.

I don't work for Lloyds but I am a very satisfied customer.
  • Alpine_StarAlpine_Star Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    pwuk wrote: »
    In comparison to other high street retail banks Lloyds in my experience offer an excellent service. The staff from my local branch won their internal Customer Service Award this year and this is evident from their attentive and prompt approach to assisting their customers.

There are other banking institutions that deserve a significant boot in the back side and bad publicity but Lloyds does not and considering the sheer size of their business they are doing a splendid job.

That your local Lloyds branch won an award from itself is irrelevant to the comparison with other high street retail banks.

In my view having it's very existence rescued by the nation is hardly indicative of Lloyds doing a ''splendid job''.
  • When are these ridiculous sound bites going to stop? And when are the management of LBG going to stop doing the "you can't see me" act and start addressing the real problems?

It is now 4 years and 3 CEO's since the HBOS Reading debacle was first reported to the bank and, one after the other, the CEO's have refused to deal with it or even acknowledge it happened. But a billion pounds should not be able to disappear from a bank destroying at least 80 SMEs in the process without senior management knowing about it.

So now HBOS is the subject of a full scale investigation by the FSA and, more damaging, 8 people, including bankers, have been arrested by Thames Valley Police. How can things get to this stage? Aren't senior bankers in place to a) make sure major frauds like this don't happen and b) resolve matters quickly, efficiently and fairly when they do?

Customer service? I don't think so. They can't even deal with criminal actions in their bank.
  • pwukpwuk Forumite
    152 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    That your local Lloyds branch won an award from itself is irrelevant to the comparison with other high street retail banks.

In my view having it's very existence rescued by the nation is hardly indicative of Lloyds doing a ''splendid job''.

On the contrary, my comments in respect of my experience are relevant. Debate requires varying opinion and I have expressed mine. Perhaps you might care to lend some weight to your post and express yours.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the contrary, my comments in respect of my experience are relevant. Debate requires varying opinion and I have expressed mine. Perhaps you might care to lend some weight to your post and express yours.

ok so might favour Lloyds, the majority hate them, its the majority that counts. Worst bank in the UK
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • jamesperrettjamesperrett Forumite
    975 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I transferred my main account away when they refused to allow my wife and I to open a joint account on a Saturday. If we had both been new customers it would have been fine but they weren't interested in helping existing customers.
  • Alpine_StarAlpine_Star Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭

Lloyds had to be bailed out by the likes of you and me because they put their customers' deposits at real risk. As a bank that's about the worst example lousy service imaginable.
  • Lloyds had to be bailed out by the likes of you and me because they put their customers' deposits at real risk. As a bank that's about the worst example lousy service imaginable.

That's more to do with the toxic debt they were forced to buy up from HBOS
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals