MSE News: Lloyds Banking Group - We can be one of the best for service

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"In a candid interview with Lloyds's director of customer service, he promises change, including extended branch hours ..."

Comments

• Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 October 2011 at 4:56PM
    Guy, I can't believe MSE have missed the chance to question them about the PPI repayment fiasco (ie people who lloyds have agreed they have mis-sold to and have made offers..) Have a look on the PPI board and check out the scores of complaints about Lloyds and their downright lies and utter failure in being able to give anyone any information at all.

The 21 day payment deadline has been passed for many (I suspect thousands of people), people are bombarding customer service and the CEO with emails and phone calls and are getting processed ahead of people that have been patiently waiting for payments, it really is a joke. Have a read of some of the tales people are telling - and being told by Lloyds!

Here's some links to get you started!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3571677

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3562365

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3562365

Total disgrace.
  • Dave_C_2
    Dave_C_2 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    This is the same Lloyds bank that changed the rules on our telephone savings account (without telling us) so it was impossible to transfer money out of the account!

No way will I go near this incompetent bunch of idiots masquerading as a reputable bank.

Dave
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Brilliant bank provided you do everything online and do not have to deal with those pushy sales staff!
  • bigbloke45
    bigbloke45 Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lying Batards! :mad:
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh wow they're going to extend their opening hours from 4.30 to 5pm like nearly every other business and almost every other bank operating in the UK today.

Next they'll be taking the drastic step of opening on Saturday mornings!
  • yeah im looking at this and thinking LOL :rotfl:
  • ses6jwg wrote: »
    Oh wow they're going to extend their opening hours from 4.30 to 5pm like nearly every other business and almost every other bank operating in the UK today.

Can take them hours to balance the books after they close. They dont close the doors at 4.30 and skip out the back 10 mins later unfortunately :laugh:
  • ses6jwg wrote: »

My branch of Lloyds is open until 6pm in the week, 7pm on Thursdays and all day on Saturday too.

Can't say the same about Santander who are shut by 5pm in the week and close their doors at 1pm on Saturday :D
  • taxsaver
    taxsaver Posts: 620 Forumite
    Struck me as a load of wishy-washy non-answers..... worse than a politician!

Article is a total waste of time.
    If you feel my comments are helpful then I'd love it if you 'Thanked' me! :)
  • I am with Lloyds TSB so skeptical as I moved from HSBC after a bad experience after 20 years.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport