PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• I've just made my first purchase of the month, £3.42 for some cheese and salad for my lunch, which should last all week. The tomatoes had been reduced because they're out of date tomorrow but they look much better than the in-date ones I bought last week!

I'm planning to make a bean stew tomorrow and freeze a couple of portions for later in the month :) and then I'll make a soup later in the week too. I wasn't very good at stocking up my freezer drawer last month because I'd only just moved in but hopefully after this month I'll get into the habit.
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Found another receipt from a few days ago that I hadn't included so that was another £36 added onto signature. Will definitely be trying to stay away from shops for a while now.

tessiebear - I pooped into Sainsbugs today as I had a £1 odd Brand match coupon that needed to be used by tomorrow & i also got one of those big spiders!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Sausages_
    Options
    I need to try to keep better to my budget, as life is getting far too tight again.

I will stick with my original budget of £200 per month, but may need to review it later on....
    Nov GC - £200
  • empy
    empy Posts: 325 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi, Have not been on this thread since Aug- eek, but have done relatively well budget wise :) but need to do better as I'm hope to become a SAHM after xmas :)

Could I please have my total for this month added as £200.00 thank you.

I have drawn out my grocery money this month and divided the money up into weekly amounts and hopefully I can actually save some of it this month instead oof going over :( I've also done a menu plan and will write lists before I go shopping.
    OS Grocery Challenge
    August £250/ £103.44 left
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spent £6.51 i sent mil in so she picked onions at £1.06 that i wouldn't have and i asked her to get me skips and nik naks but she miss understood so now i have 3 bags of each, of the plus side my skips are 50% extra free aswell so works out at 5p a pack :) and she gave me a packet of her free muller lights and a bottle of squash i'm pretty much sorted now til i run out of milk
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As I have already messed up and so starting properly today I want to put it on record what will and will not be included. I will not include my dentist bills ... not sure about taxi fares ... whatever I buy for Christmas nor DS2 birthday on the 14th ... the shelving units I intend to buy for kitchen cupboards ...nor storage containers for said goods like flour, sugar, breakfast cereal.

I know really I should include them ...

its really up to you what you include or not; tbh I wouldn't include any of those things in my GC budget ;)

I'm late checking into the new thread; Welcome to our newbies and returners, and good luck everyone! :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Spent £29.68 at Mr T yesterday, that included £10 on cat food.

NSD today though:D

Got HM chicken pie for dinner, made it yesterday, so an easy one:T

Going to have a read back now (well will get a drinkie first)

Have a fab evening all xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • tracey12_2
    Options

tessiebear - I pooped into Sainsbugs today as I had a £1 odd Brand match coupon that needed to be used by tomorrow & i also got one of those big spiders!

Oh dear, don't think Sainsbugs would have been too pleased :rotfl:

NSD for me today, hopefully going to use some of my food from stores and stay away from the shops.

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • prepareathome
    Options
    Well started off today with a £10 spend in farmfoods - had gone through cupboards and freezer and realised was just short of a few frozen things -
    leeks x1, broccilli x1, rhubarb x2, apples x2, mushrooms x2, stew packs x2 oh and picked up a new pack of micro fibre cloths as mine had gone totally ( will be added to the things I am stuffing draught excluder later with ( old ones I mean) so that was the £10. Everything was £1 except the mushrooms 69p each or two for £1. I did a shopping list and bought only what was on it, which for me is a miracle

I did buy my containers and a four drawer storage thing that fits perfectly in the pantry, so no more everything on one shelf all on top of each other, everything in a drawer and so easy for me to check what I have without taking out everything to find what is at bottom. Found a packet of lentils I didn't know I had when doing this and had bought another pack at weekend, so plenty of them in.

So now to see if I can continue to write down what I use and just replace that at weekend shop. So £140 left for rest of month which should be more than enough, but this month is my trial to see exactly what I use.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    £38.84

£14.23 in Lidls and £24.61 in Sainsbobs!! Trying uber hard to keep my budget sensible. :D

Remainder for the month £211.16!
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family