PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rosieben wrote: »
    Tiger, could you copy and paste the note above into your original recipe post when you have a chance please. Someone reading the recipe in years to come probably won't see your later post ;)

I've added the recipe to the index :beer:

Done :D:o
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    declaring £204.45 for nov could have been worse, could also have been better but i stocked up on alot of jams/spreads/rasins ect during the month aswell as a few takeaways so i'm happy enough
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • LetThereBeCupcakes
    Options
    I’m done for the November, so just popping in to report a total of £100.32 for the month – nearly £50 under budget! Off to make a start on December’s challenge now. Hopefully I can keep my Christmas spending fairly low.
    Zopa Loa: £872.08 Van Loan: £946.68 HSBC Credit Card: £7000.00 HSBC Loan: £3695.00 Barclaycard: £1721.38 Natwest CC: £392.50 Natwest OD: £2580.07
    Total Debts as at 01/01/15: £17,207.71 :eek:
  • tracey12_2
    Options
    I am declaring £314.14 from a budget of £340.00 :j

Next month will be more of a challenge as christmas budget is hard to judge.

See you all on the December thread.

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tesco delivery to day, came to £62.54 giving me a grand total for November £141.36 to declare , :j it's under, some good has come from having my leg in pot for 7 week's:rotfl:, just need to keep up the good work in December
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • PaddyPaws
    Options
    Well, I was 77p over budget for Nov and then I spent £17.49 in A!di and £2.06 in Sainsbugs last Thursday. Then we went to Mr T on Sunday to double up some vouchers to get some clothes as extra pressies for the DGC (did well, got £80 of clothes for £40 of vouchers so am quite happy with that) and needed a couple of bits (cat food and a new baby card) - had DH with me and we spent £34.44 :eek::eek::eek:

I've looked at the receipt and £18.44 of it will be out of Dec budget, but even so that gives me a total overspend for Nov of £36.32. So declaring Nov as £286.32 spent out of £250 budget (and now I sound like a politician :rotfl:)

I definitely need to get better at this as our budget is looking "tight" for 2012.

Onwards and upwards
    PP
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Done :D:o

you're a star, thanks :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well I am now declaring Novembers spend at £236.38/£400 a massive underspend so I can splash out in December if I need to!:j:j:j:j:j
    Had a rejigged shopping week this week and last week due to DS(22) getting a job at long last!:j:j:j:j:j Lots of packed lunches and a few bought for next to nothing in the way of reduced sarnies in Waitrose(65p per pack)so I let him have 2 packs at that price.
    I will be recalculating my grocery budget for next year and reducing it again as a food only budget for four people instead of 5 due to my eldest DD moving out in a couple of months.I am also redoing all of my budgets due to me being in a new job(rather than no job)having left the last one,and a rejig with our finances but it is all in the green now(or near enough, as opposed to what I thought was going to be a 2k deficit!;) That's a relief. However, that meant tying up some savings for a year so I still have to manage things well but that extra little bit of money will make the difference.:)
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    £1.73 in Sainsbury's last night for milk, 2 x custard powder and hot chocolate. I tried Sainsbury's basic hot chocolate powder and it's really nice.

£1.69 today on body spray and toothpaste. Not needed at the moment, but I had to get some change so thought I may as well get it in advance.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 November 2011 at 11:37PM
    Options
    Right then, DH has given me reciepts totalling £40 and I have spent £35 today on 2x birthday presents, cards and wrapping paper.

So that is me declaring a total of £374 this month. I am well chuffed. Don't really know how I did it it but I did :) Probably because I have been eating out of the store cupboard/freezer.

And I had 21 NSD :D

Lets see what happens in December.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts