🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Any special offers for ISA

Options
Hi,

With the tax year 2006/07 approaching and the next tax year starting, do you think there will be special offers for cash ISA or Share ISA eg introductory interest rates, or reduced initial charge etc.

I have £6000 now but not sure whether I should invest now or wait til April/May to check with any special offer might start around that time?

amsjrt

Comments

• tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    You will lose this years tax allowance forever if you wait til april/may
  • amsjrt
    amsjrt Posts: 88 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In that case, do you think there might be special offers in Feb/Mar for tax year 2006/07 and April/May for tax year 2007/08?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    what do you mean by special offer or what did you have in mind?

Where do you want to invest? What sort of investments do you wish to place inside the ISA wrapper?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some funds are reducing initial charges but whether you'll see any difference in a fund supermarket like h-l is doubtful.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    it is noticeable that January, as is normal, is a light month for fund discounts.

I dont take much notice of fund discounts. Shaving 0.5% or 1% off to go into a sub standard fund is short sighted. I notice Scottish Widows have a discount on their initial at present and I feel sorry for all those that invest in their unit trust funds on that basis.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport