Metro Bank Cash ISA - 3.25%

Options
Was in the Metro Bank today, and noticed that they're giving 3.25% on their 1-year fixed-term cash ISA.

Admittedlty it's not Instant Access and there is a hefty penalty for early withdrawals, but still sounds like a good rate to me and equals the Leeds BS offering on the MSE Top Cash ISAs list. Is there another catch I've missed?

https://www.metrobankonline.co.uk/Personal/Savings/Fixed-Term-Cash-ISA/

Comments

• Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    Can't see a catch but Chelsea Building Society and Northern Rock both offer 3.3% for a year, the interest penalties for early closure are also smaller (90 days for Chelsea and 60 days for Northern Rock) if you are likely to need access after a year or think rates will go up by then I'd go for one of these, if not go for a longer fix with a better rate.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Gordon.

So it's pretty good, but not quite the best deal out there.

I guess for a product like this, that you tend to just fill up with money and then forget about for a year, the convenience of a local branch doesn't mean much.
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    A local branch is neither here nor there to me, online access is a bonus but I'd rather have no online access than sacrifice rate or have a heavier withdrawal penalty.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure