Direct Line. Need email address

Options
Hi, Im having problems with Direct Line Home Insurance. I wrote to them nearly two months ago to cancel my home insurance, and cancelled my direct debit at the same time. They have since written to me demanding payment. I rang them and told them I'd written to cancel the policy, but they say they didn't receive my letter and said they would cancel from TODAY, meaning I would owe them two months premium. I am trying to email them but theres no facility on their website or any trace of a contact email address. Can anyone help?

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    http://www.rbs.com/global/contact-us.ashx call the 0131 number.
    They might be able to help
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • vusys1
    vusys1 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dont bother emailing, call direct. Emails are received and are just printed off and put in with the days posts, so again it may be a while before your query is answered.

Home cancellations etc have also been outsourced and this could be another problem for the delay, also (i know but bare with :) ) the business support departments are snowed under and in a back log. I think some of mail they are addressing at the moment can be up to 4 weeks old.

Ring and explain that you wrote to cancel and have alternative insurance. Also check the small print in policy wording, im sure that they cancel the policy back to last payment date so there is no time on risk as with motor insurance.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Im having problems with Direct Line Home Insurance. I wrote to them nearly two months ago to cancel my home insurance, and cancelled my direct debit at the same time. They have since written to me demanding payment. I rang them and told them I'd written to cancel the policy, but they say they didn't receive my letter and said they would cancel from TODAY, meaning I would owe them two months premium. I am trying to email them but theres no facility on their website or any trace of a contact email address. Can anyone help?
    I think they are a telephone based company.

Why do you need their email address? Didn't you think about asking for it when you were speaking to them? Can't you call them again to ask for it? Do you think emailing them will do any good? Are you talking about making a complaint? Why did you cancel the insurance? Why has it taken them two months to contact you? etc
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    vusys1 wrote: »
    Ring and explain that you wrote to cancel and have alternative insurance.
    Is that true?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport