Gas Central Heating Inspection

Options

Comments

• tin
    tin Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    When I bought my house the vendor said that the boiler was looked after by BG on inspection and maintenance.

When I actually got into the house I found the water would not go past warm, the burner goes on and off every 20 secs when you've got the heating on, and the timer resets itself every other day.

good inspection work BG - shan't be signing up to you I think....... ::)
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I bought my house the vendor said that the boiler was looked after by BG on inspection and maintenance.

Did you get the latest certificate and the log book?
    Talk is cheap.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

When I actually got into the house I found the water would not go past warm, the burner goes on and off every 20 secs when you've got the heating on, and the timer resets itself every other day.

good inspection work BG - shan't be signing up to you I think....... ::)
    Which prob means they were with 3star and problems occurred after annual inspection and they never bothered sorting it cos perhaps thought would be told need new boiler and were about to sell house. Like lisyloo says people'll tell you anything.
    Is this recently - I don't know if you could have made complaint to solicitor about state of affairs
    ???
  • tin
    Options
    @spendless and lisyloo

Interesting comments both - I will check them out and report back :o
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Did you get the latest certificate and the log book?
    Talk is cheap.
    certificate? logbook?. I've been with BG 3* for 19 years and I an't got either!
  • Spendless
    Options
    hansi
    Don't you get a paper left after each annual inspection? Date ,time any comments and signed?
  • tin
    Options
    Which prob means they were with 3star and problems occurred after annual inspection and they never bothered sorting it cos perhaps thought would be told need new boiler and were about to sell house. Like lisyloo says people'll tell you anything.

Well I checked the docs we were given and can't tell what star rating it was (how can you tell? I can't even find a description on their website). However I have a log book where they "serviced using the latest technology" on 9th June, and attended on 17th Nov where it appears they only "fixed" the clock (at no charge). I moved in at the start of december.

I find it hard to believe that 3 seperate faults occured on the thing within 6 months since their wonderous service?

I still think they can get stuffed. ;D
  • Spendless
    Options
    3 star is CH
    5 star is CH & plumbing
    They are 2 different prices - I don't know if it says which service you have on any paperwork BG leave behind.

The clock wouldn't have been charged for - just like I didn't get charged for a new radiator when my old one sprang a leak - this is included in price you pay.

Why not ring BG and put all what you've said here to them?
  • tin
    Options
    Sorry when i said "fixed" the clock - i mean they did not fix it at all. They reset the time and it was still broken.

I replaced it myself for a whacking great £16.00 a month ago. Thats just a bit more than a month's worth of 3* care.

(yeah I appreciate others may not be able to do that but still....)

I am not going to bother contacting them as they have already advertised themselves to me as being a worthless shower of *?!$.

But thanks for the advice ;D
  • Caj_3
    Options
    Hi,
    just to let you know we had BG do an inspection for us when we had just moved in to our new house in a cold Jan 2001.They basically said our heating system needed completely redoing condemned our fires etc we tried to get hold of a local firm who said it would be 6 weeks to install we went back to BG who said 2 weeks ,it was 2 weeks but it was sub contractors,the original salesman had omitted to explain that the pipes were not to come out of the top of stairs in the attic room where no one could get passed we had 2 years of misery with the boiler which was eventually replaced after I complained and said I was going to contact Watchdog it was HELL be very CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure