🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Catalogue company demanding info on the phone

Options

Comments

• thatgirlsam
    thatgirlsam Posts: 10,451 Forumite
    Options
    I let my children sing down the phone to them, They never last more than the first verse of ' Alice the camel has 5 humps...'

The kids love it
    £608.98
    £80
    £1288.99
    £85.90
    £154.98
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    Bananaman?
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    I usually put on a really somber voice and say...."oh, no...(cue fake crying), she died yesterday!" That gets rid of them really quickly!
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MX5huggy wrote: »
    You could of course say your date of birth is 20/07/1969 and you live a 29 Acacia Road. That would move the conversation on to new ground.

Is that Bananaman's address?

Oops, see that someone else said that on page 2!

You could also try 17 Cherry Tree Lane

or 52 Festive Road

(no googling!)
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can you let BT know (if you're with them?) that you're getting nuisance calls? They used to have a thing called 'choose to refuse' where you could dial in a certain code after that person/company had phoned you, and your phone would then no longer accept calls from that number. We did this when we kept getting unwanted phonecalls from a timeshare company.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another good address is 1164 Morning Glory Circle (Samantha & Darrin Stephens in Bewitched).
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £40,750.02
  • MarilynMonroe_2
    Options
    Is that Bananaman's address?

Oops, see that someone else said that on page 2!

You could also try 17 Cherry Tree Lane

or 52 Festive Road

(no googling!)

or 11 rilington place :D (thats awful i know!)

I got sick of BT doing similar phone calls after I changed to talk talk, no matter how many times I demanded they remove my name and number from their list they still rang regularly. I'm afraid I'm one of thsoe peopke who tell them to f off
    1,2 & 5p: Christmas day food £9.31
    10 & 20p: misc savings £2.70
    50p: Christmas presents £3.50
    £2: holidays £2.00
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    or 11 rilington place :D (thats awful i know!)
    Don't you mean 10? :p
  • MarilynMonroe_2
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    Don't you mean 10? :p
    No I live next door! :rotfl:...yeh 10 lol.
    1,2 & 5p: Christmas day food £9.31
    10 & 20p: misc savings £2.70
    50p: Christmas presents £3.50
    £2: holidays £2.00
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't want to call them back as I don't know what they want and certainly don't want to order anything.

They do have my details anyway as I've ordered from them previously, though not for a while now, so I'll still be in their customer database.

And I have opted out with BT from unsolicited cold calling - I suppose this can't be called that, though, as I am known to them.

I'd have no objection to confirming date of birth and address if I called THEM...but I certainly do when they call ME for God knows what reason that they won't tell me!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport