🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A new home for my TOISA

Options
I have a TOISA maturing after a 5 year tax-free investment, does anyone know where I can invest it (tax-free) again, my ISA allowance is used up this year and I will fill it again in April so I dont know where I can put this maturing fund.
It is only £4000 but I would like to find a good home for it.

Comments

• br1anstorm
    br1anstorm Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    I'm joining this thread because the question I wanted to pose is very similar to torbrex... so I've just looked at the moneyextra site mentioned by Cannon Fodder. It helps.. up to a point.

My wife's TOISA matures soon and should be worth £11k. She wants to keep the money within an ISA "wrapper". Can anyone clarify/confirm a couple of things:

i) can she reinvest the total amount from a maturing TOISA (ie more than the £9k which was the original TESSA limit)?

ii) can she invest in any currently-offered cash ISA, or only in the rollover TOISA offered by her current provider?

iii) alternatively, can she shift the TOISA money on maturity into her stocks and shares (maxi) ISA?

iv) and can she do this in addition to what she is investing in her current-year ISA? She is already investing the maximum £7k in a stocks and shares ISA this year.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
    br1anstorm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family