Nearly there!

Options

Comments

• January20
    January20 Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The car is not back yet! I think they had lots of work on yesterday so they phoned to ask if it was ok to finish today. It suited me because I was tired yesterday and it gave me a good excuse not to go to the supermarket to do the big shop of the month!
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • GreenSaints
    Options
    Hope it's not going to be a big bill.

I hate going food shopping. I wish there was an hour a week where people with kids weren't allowed! I'd probably spend twice as much because it would be nice and quiet! :p
    :DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cost of the car repairs: £205.81. About what I expected (I did a search online beforehand although I always go to the same garage) So expensive but nothing I wasn't expecting. So I treated the car to a clean inside (was so dusty!) and a new air freshener :rotfl:

I love the idea of an hour without kids but would also add, the same hour with no husbands/partners! The number of men I see in supermarkets, wandering about, following their lady, not knowing where to put themselves and invariably parking their trolley diagonally across the aisle, and of course getting in my way, usually incurring a sharp "excuse-me" from me with a scowl on my face! Why don't those men who are fathers let the mother go shopping alone, whilst they have some quality time with their kids? Is this idea so far out nobody has thought about it before?
  • GreenSaints
    Options
    Glad the old girl is being looked after (the car, not you! :p ) £205 for another year of road safety is not too bad.

Haha! Yes, no confused husbands or partners either. When my BF comes along he's like a child - a lot of stuff ends up in the trolley without me knowing. That's why he is banned from the big shop! :p
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You are very sensible to ban him from the big shop and from my observation, I don't think he is the only one to turn into a child or a helpless human being ;)
  • GreenSaints
    Options
    So, how's it all going?

I'm finding out about savings - its a lot more complicated than debt repayment! :p I seem to have a lot of money, even after upping my payments to my mum (£200 for my debt plus £100 joint debt) and my student overdraft (£220.99) I'm going to increase my student loan payment after my overdraft is paid as I'd like that gone too. God, I'm so sad! :p

On the other hand, I could treat myself to that jacket I want..... Hm.....
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mmm, I know what you mean about savings. I keep meaning to open an ISA now that I "should" have some spare money.

You are young. Treat yourself to that jacket and save next month. Not the best advice to give on a moneysaving website but sometimes I also think that tomorrow may never come so... Not that I'm a pessimist. I'm not! Just realistic and life can be tough we need treats!

I paid another £100 today. so I'm at £596.79. It's a good place to be. I'm savouring the last few payments lol!

Apart from that, I've been working really hard and looking forward to the weekend. I hope the weather is good so I can go for a nice gentle walk on the beach!
  • GreenSaints
    GreenSaints Posts: 718 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congratulations on getting below £600! It was only a few weeks when it was under £1000, so good effort :D

I hope the weather stays nice too. Would be nice to do some exercise I suppose! :p
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I does feel good to be below £600. It doesn't feel like such a hurdle anymore. I can really see the end in sight, but I don't think I will clear it until next payday as I get pay on the last Friday of the month, which happens to be the 30th and my mortgage comes out on the 28th so although I know I will have a bit of extra money - if nothing bad happens to my budget - I will keep it for the mortgage so that my account doesn't go in the red for a couple of days. I'll probably pay a little extra throughout the month as my second job pays out, or as my dd pays her board. Which reminds me! She owes me £80 because she forgot to pay her board last week and she borrowed enough for a haircut yesterday. I hope she doesn't forget to pay her rent when she moves in with her boyfriend!!!
  • GreenSaints
    GreenSaints Posts: 718 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Next payday? What happened to a DF summer?! :p Don't push yourself more than you need to. Life can come and bit your DF !!!! :p

You need to be like my mum and write down every time she's borrows money. You'll never forget then! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family