Danni R's little road to riches?

Options

Comments

• Muhren
    Muhren Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have asked my mates if they know of anything going at any of the places that they work but other than that not taken it much further. Have asked at work about doing something else so that may be an option.

Have just about built up 3 x my montly earnings and was thinking about making another op out of that but with my work situation probably not the right thing to do, even if it is v.tempting!
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016
    Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• Danni-R
    Danni-R Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've only just started my course for the qualification to do this job so I wont be moving any time soon.

If you've just made your 3 month fund why not use the money you would have put into that next month towards your op?

I'm still trying to rid my flat of 'junk' before HM moves in.

why do people not want to by my usless stuff?!?
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    I know do people not care that we want to pay our mortgages off early, they are so selfish!

Was looking at getting rid of some cds and dvds on music magpie, I had quite a few and they all came to about £8. Doesn't seem a lot but then every little counts I guess. Just need to get round to sending them off now! Also sold my old phone for £36 plus £3 via quidco. Going to start doing surveys again soon if I can get motivated to do them. I find them a real struggle to sit down and do sometimes.

Hopefully going to have a cheap weekend as I'm helping my little sister move into her new house so that will hopefully keep me out of the pub, for a while anyway!
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    Ha ha.

As a little sister myself I'm sure she'll appreciate it and hopefully she'll pay for a few drinks in the pub. When I moved it was a proper family thing but I think its cos they all wanted to drive the truck, or play with the truck, or sit in the truck. they might be the other side of 30 but boys are still boys!

Nothing sold on e-bay for me over the weekend which I'm bummed about.
    CD's I'd put on MM and the dvd's probably e-bay.
    I've got a massive box of cd's to sell but I want to be able to 'listen to them on my laptop' before I sell them and I only have a work one so its not happened.
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    I take it you don't have an external hard drive that you could put all you music onto? It would also be useful to back up your existing hard drive incase anything goes wrong with that.

Also from your earlier question about using the money I would usually put into my safety net fund to op, I will do this but the minimum op is £500 so when I have enough to do that I will.

I had a quiet weekend and managed not to spend a penny and have finally got round to starting the box set of the Sopranos a mate gave me a few weeks back. Hope yours was as frugal as mine?!
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You really are starting to sound like 1 of my big brothers. (in a nice way!) Yes I have a hard drive. I got it because he said I should and start to back them up to make money and more space. I also forgot to back up my laptop that I dropped so I am laptopless. Lesson Learned.

My weekend was as frugal as possible. I only got paid today. I put things on e-bay and sorted out stuff ready for the housemate to move in.

How much do you try and put aside for 'renovations' etc?
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    Haha I don't know whether to take that as a complement or not!

To be honest I haven't got a seperate fund put aside for renovations. I guess I am quite lucky as I have a lot of mates who are in a trade so fingers crossed that if something did go wrong they would be able to help me out. Obviously I know that I may need to fork out a bit for materials if something major went wrong but at the moment nothing needs changng, although if I could afford it I would probably change the kitchen and bathroom to fit more with my taste but as i said they don't need changing.

I did have to replace a fence post that was rotten a few weeks ago but did that with my old man and didn't cost a great deal. Like he says there will always be something to do with your house!
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    There is. I'm not sure how much to put aside though.

I'm working on the OD still. it just wont shift!
    But I am aware I do need savings as well.

Should I have 3 months contingency fund, savings and a house fund? seems like if I have too many pots none of them will have much in?
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Muhren
    Options
    Once you start getting the rent comming in you should be able to start chipping away at that OD and maybe build up some savings as well.

I just have one figure that I class as savings and go from there really and wherever it is needed it can be used! I haven't got a holiday fund either which I could do with having.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

• Danni-R
    Options
    A holiday? Whats one of those :-(

Once I get the rent in I know I'll be in a better position. Its just getting there.

Pay day today as well so new tactic. Spending diary.

£2.10 on some orange juice and a sandwich at work. I think I'm coming down with something so its all about the Vitamin C right now.
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure