New Post Advanced Search

My Pansies are not flowering

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
2 replies 1.5K views
donnaloudonnalou Forumite
473 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Hi There

The title says it all for some reason one lot of pansies That I bought about 3 months ago are not flowering apart from that they look perfectly healthy.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks Donna

Replies

• jap200jap200 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My pansies are exactly the same - did you by any chance get them from this offer(84 plug pansy plants for £5.50 and chance of a refund)?

I've spent ages hunting for this old thread and have finally found it!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=253960&highlight=pansy

If so, I feel bad as I made that original post!

If this is the case, this is the link to the (now closed) offer at Thompson & Morgan and this is what it says:

Flowers: January to May
    Delivery Date: September
    Description:
    Bold colours create a rich warmth and a dazzling brightness in the dead of winter. Favourites for edging or planting in groups, and stunning in beds and borders where they form a floral blanket. Try them in Flower Pouches™, hanging baskets, tubs and window boxes.
    Dwarf and compact, they're the best winter-hardy pansies available, but if you don't agree we'll refund your money!*
    To claim a refund, please advise us in writing which winter-hardy pansy you believe to be better than 'Universal Mixed' together with the reasons why. Full details available on request. Any claim must be made by 30 September 2007.

I am disappointed with them and would like to contact them myself to ask for a refund as I have had a grand total of 3 flowers out of 84 plants. Like yours, my plants have grown well and look very healthy - just a major lack of flowers! However, I think that it would be better to wait as it does say that they from from Jan - May and it is only mid Jan at the moment. They would probably just tell me to wait and see right now.

However, if they are not in glorious flower by March, I will follow this up.
  • donnaloudonnalou Forumite
    473 posts
    No i didn't get them from Thompson and Morgan just a local shop, Maybe they will flower later I'll have to wait and see.

Thompson and Morgan are excellent at giving refunds though,just a quick phone call and its refunded I know someone who works there. He said they hardly ever check your original order especially if its for a small amount.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support