PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Forward Menu Planning – A bit of fun/inspiration!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Pixie_Fairydust
    Pixie_Fairydust Posts: 336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2011 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Here's another list of 'Awareness Days' :j

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/index.html

1st Nov is World Vegan Day - I'm a veggie so will give being a vegan a try!

26th Nov is Buy Nothing Day, very apt for us MSEers!

Love the ideas on here, thanks.

Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
  • lindadykes
    Options
    aww, me and my sisters used to be made to eat some yucky things by our very frugal, strict grandma, so my sister now hates baked beans and salmon sarnies amongst other things! lol!xx
    My mam always took the salmon out of the tin and painstakingly skinned and boned it before mashing it for sarnies - I loved her salmon sarnies so it came as a huge, and for me, I must say disgusting revelation that some people left them in!!!! ( Don't want to offend anyone - the disgusting bit refers to the unexpected crunch as you bite into a piece of bone). I found the inclusion of bone and skin so off-putting in salmon sandwiches that to this day if anyone I know doesn't remove the skin and bones or anyone I'm not well enough acquainted with to ask offers me salmon sandwiches I always tell them I don't like them. My mother in law of fifteen years still thinks I don't like salmon sandwiches!!!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    Here's another list of 'Awareness Days' :j

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/index.html

1st Nov is World Vegan Day - I'm a veggie so will give being a vegan a try!

26th Nov is Buy Nothing Day, very apt for us MSEers!

Love the ideas on here, thanks.

Pixie

Well done Pixie, I haven't got as far as looking at the November Days but I will definitely give the vegan day a try and the Buy Nothing Day.

I'm still planning things around Oct, wk beg 17 is National Baking Week so at the moment I plan doing a Gingerbread Traybake (got visitors coming soon) sausage rolls and quiches with hm pastry I have lurking in the freezer and Ive run out of biscuits so will be baking some this week - not sure what yet.

16/10 - World Food Day - although it is more about food poverty around the world my effort will be to use up what I have and make sure nothing is throw away.

21/10 - Apple Day - As it this past week was Bramley Week I tried out Beef and Bramley Meatballs, they were yummy and so tender - have some leftover so they may appear on the menu again.

22/10 - Nut Day - I thought maybe some fruit & nutty cookies or even a chicken & cashew dish, although I have a nice recipe for a crunchy salad that includes cashews, so that would go with anything on my menu plan.

28/10 - Wear it Pink Day - although I will be wearing it Pink on the outside I thought for the inside a Salmon dish of some kind incorporating maybe pomegranate or even beetroot - if the budget allows maybe some Rose wine :).
  • Pixie_Fairydust
    Options
    Need2bThrifty - loving your ideas :j esp the pink ones!

Pixie
    🎄The most wonderful time of the year 🎄
    #14 - PAYDTBX23
    #23 - 1% debt challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business