🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Making an injury claim against retailer.

Options
12346»

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    You may want to edit your post - you have two identical quotes but one is wrongly attributed. ;)
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Options
    Just for clarity, absolutely no way that choice of footwear in a shop could attract a contrib negligence finding.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, i never said i would take responsibility for the shelf falling. Nor did i say i would take responsibility for me being injured. Merely that i would accept my choice of footwear was largely to blame for the extent of my injury.

You're completely wrong and just proving my point that people assume they know what someone thinks better than that person themself. For example, when getting ready for a night out and choosing which shoes to wear, i'll consider a LOT of things. I'll consider the weather, whether i'm going to need to do a lot of walking, what kind of surfaces i'll need to walk over, what the chances are of people standing on my feet (crowded nightclub...it happens a lot and when you have a 15st guy standing on your bear toes while he's wearing a hard soled shoe -since trainers are banned in all clubs here - it can hurt, infinitely more than if i stepped on his toes). It doesnt mean i'll choose the shoes with the most protection. But i will make a concious decision that the shoes i choose may lead to injuries. But i accept not everyone does that hence why i said IF it were me and said i wasnt expecting others to be the same.

To me its just a case of "oops oh well". Just the way i was raised i'm afraid.

As you can see, the "you're completely wrong" part was about you assuming you know what i do/think better than i do. If you go in to quote my original post, you'll see where the new paragraph starts.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport