Ipod Classic Problems????

Options

Comments

• Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice, my problems now went from bad to worse as now when I go to sync my ipod once its plugged in it flashes on and off and I tried resetting it but still nothing, so what I have done is sent another email to the seller telling him about this and also saying that its really bad that there was no guarantee and that I couldnt believe he felt he had no responsibility and that am no better off then before and that at the end of the day it cost money and that i should have some rights.

Im hoping to hear something soon as its driving me crazy
    MarkAldridge
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it was a private seller & you bought two months ago then you really don't have any comeback.
    You can only open a dispute for 45 days & you are well out of time.
    Have you taken it into a shop to see if they can help?
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    It was just a normal seller and for some reason I cant open a dispute and no I havent yet, im going to see what the seller replies first
    MarkAldridge
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It was just a normal seller and for some reason I cant open a dispute and no I havent yet, im going to see what the seller replies first

The reason you can't open a dispute is because the 2 months you've had the item is longer than the 45 days you're able to open a dispute for, so you're well out of time.
    The seller will know that there's nothing that you can do, so if they reply it will no doubt say the same as they did before you asked on here.
    It's an unfortunate gamble of buying a second hand item from anywhere, unless you buy from a business offering a guarantee.
    Your best bet will be trying a shop to see if they can help you.
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I have a update, as you know I recently sent the seller a email telling them about how the problems got worse with my ipod and I got a reply today and he offered me a partial refund, I then went to the apple store and asked about getting it fixed and as they had no appointments today I made one for tomorrow so hopefully I should have it sorted out by then, the way I see it if I get it repaired then the partial refund can pay for it and if I dont get it repaired then the refund can then go towards a new ipod. As things progress I will be still keep you all updated and thanks again for the advice.
    MarkAldridge
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    should think yourself lucky
    the seller is under no obligation to do so
    I think you need to consider buying new if you cant see the possible risks involved
  • MissGivings_2
    Options
    very nice seller
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, that's very reasonable of them, well done for negotiating it.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    Hey everyone, ive got another update.

I went for my appointment at apple today and found out that th reason it was playing up so much was because of the hard drive. I then found out that it can't be repaired but can only be replaced for £89 so my only option was to get it replaced. I worked out that as I'm getting a partial refund from the seller (which I hope to receive in the next few days) I will only be getting the iPod replacement for over £60 which ain't bad and the good thing is I should have no problem with the replacement as it's going to be brand new, I should be collecting it Friday as they had none in store. I'm going to feel so much better once this is all sorted.
    MarkAldridge
  • MissGivings_2
    Options
    Hey everyone, ive got another update.

I went for my appointment at apple today and found out that th reason it was playing up so much was because of the hard drive. I then found out that it can't be repaired but can only be replaced for £89 so my only option was to get it replaced. I worked out that as I'm getting a partial refund from the seller (which I hope to receive in the next few days) I will only be getting the iPod replacement for over £60 which ain't bad and the good thing is I should have no problem with the replacement as it's going to be brand new, I should be collecting it Friday as they had none in store. I'm going to feel so much better once this is all sorted.
    Good luck for Friday, fingers crossed:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport