Ipod Classic Problems????

Options
Bugatti_Boi
Bugatti_Boi Posts: 251 Forumite
Hey Everyone,

I started having quiet a few problems with my ipod recently, I tried restoring and resetting it and it even freezes alot, as it was bought a couple of months ago off ebay and it was a refurb, my first point of contact was the seller I sent him a email explaining the situation and this is what he replied back:

If you are referring to an ipod which i have sold in the past, all i can say is that any item i have ever sold has been in perfect working order (check my feedback). If you are having problems i do sympathise but there is really nothing i can do about it. It was sold in good faith and in the condition stated, and having used any items i have sold in the past would never have put it on sale if it was faulty.

Im now pretty much lost with what to do next as you think there would of been some guarantee would be included but it wasnt.

Can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks
MarkAldridge

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did the original auction offer any guarantee ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Did the original auction offer any guarantee ?

No it didnt
    MarkAldridge
  • soolin
    Options
    No it didnt

Exactly how long ago did you buy it and was the seller a business seller? The only real way here to achieve any result is if it was a business seller and you can show at small claims that the item was faulty when purchased (ie not just current wear and tear).
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Exactly how long ago did you buy it and was the seller a business seller? The only real way here to achieve any result is if it was a business seller and you can show at small claims that the item was faulty when purchased (ie not just current wear and tear).

I bought it two months ago and it was just a normal seller
    MarkAldridge
  • soolin
    Options
    I bought it two months ago and it was just a normal seller

Then I think you are stuck. I was rather clutching at straws if it had been a business seller or if you had been within the 45 day paypal claim period.
  • RoscoeFoley
    Options
    Best bet is to go to an Apple store and speak to them directly. If it's an issue with the iPod then it may be a FOC service. That is if the iPod was refurbed by apple. If not give it a try and you may be in luck...otherwise deny all knowledge of it being refurbed. Apple have fantastic customer service and any faults that are inherent tend to get sorted by them. Usually by just replacing it with a new one but I doubt they will have any classics to hand :(
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately it's a bit of a gamble buying electronics from private sellers. I had a faulty iPod a year ago - it was working - on and off - right up until the end of August then it broke. If I'd sold it seven weeks before it broke the buyer would have had no comeback when it did break.

I'm sure you got it at a good price but I would neither buy nor sell electronics for this reason - I'd feel bad in that situation, and it's not worth the hassle if it breaks down within the Paypal guarantee period.

BTW I'd probably edit out your eBay id from the first post, it stops people messing with you on eBay. I know it's similar to the ID you use here but just excise the number from it to give yourself a bit more privacy.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • Lichfield
    Options
    Try going online to update it, that cured the faults on mine. If that fails try the Apple shop - my local shop is very good & the staff knowledgeable.
  • MissGivings_2
    Options
    Crowqueen wrote: »

edit out your eBay id from the first post, it stops people messing with you on eBay. I know it's similar to the ID you use here but just excise the number from it to give yourself a bit more privacy.

OP, this is good advice from CQ :):
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if it makes you feel any better(i doubt it)
    my classic (bought new) is flakey
    it replaced my 5th gen after i smashed it :o
    the 5th gen worked like a trooper.
    the classic has flakey moments of freezing,locking up
    the only reason i stuck with the classic over the touch/nano is its the only new ipod that supports the radio remote i use heavily
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure