deerhound/lurcher pup

Comments

• grandmasam
    grandmasam Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Stoptober Survivor
    edited 2 October 2011 at 9:27PM
    Ah, you are all so kind,
    Rosie is 6.2k and 14"at the shoulder and is on ad lib feeding, as i know from past experience that big breeds need little and often.I'll look up the 2 that you have had success with, Cjmumto2, and that will give me some benchmarks.
    I have found that she seems to have a cast iron gut! Munching on fallen apples, pears and 2 rotten eggs yesterday!! Rosie is an easy going puppy and spends 1/2 hour playing, with a flowerpot and digging holes [eek!] then 1hr stretched on the floor sleeping.
    As you can tell, besotted mum! Also she is a direct result of the 'sealed pot' challenge on DFW board .Last years 'excess' saved into another a/c for my lurcher pup.
    Met her parents and g/parents when she chose me, and females are 26"/7""" at the shoulder and males 30"/32" at the shoulder, sooo she will be a big girl!
    Thanks for reading,
    Caz
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Awwww I'm getting broody now!
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • grandmasam
    grandmasam Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Stoptober Survivor
    she is such a lovely girl!
    Thanks for all your kind [and useful! ] comments, Rosie has her first immunisation on friday, so we will be able to go walkies in 3 weeks! Found a lovely vet who is experienced in the care of large breeds,so thats good .
    Once again, many thanks for all the info,
    Caz
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    She is lovely, we have a lurcher and she is Saluki/Greyhound and has the best outlook on everything she is loopy for an hour then sleeps the rest of the day.
    Would never get another breed of dog now we know how great lurchers are
    Enjoy her

• adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Polmop wrote: »
    She is lovely, we have a lurcher and she is Saluki/Greyhound and has the best outlook on everything she is loopy for an hour then sleeps the rest of the day.
    Would never get another breed of dog now we know how great lurchers are
    Enjoy her

Saluki/greyhound is a longdog not a lurcher as it's 2 sighthounds (greyhound and saluki) - lurcher is any sighthound and any other kind of dog.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Polmop
    edited 4 October 2011 at 2:17PM
    sorry forgot to add the whippet bit

DSCF0424.jpg
  • adouglasmhor
    Photogenic
    Polmop wrote: »
    sorry forgot to add the whippet bit

Whippets are a sighthound as well, how old is she? Longdogs don't mature as fast as lurchers but are amazing dogs. saluki/greyhound/whippet = dougie is glad he is not a rabbit :eek:

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Polmop
    yes she loves rabbits, she was about 6 months old on that photo (Its the only one i have on my works pc) she is 4 now
  • adouglasmhor
    Photogenic
    edited 4 October 2011 at 2:28PM
    My mum had a whippet/patterdale lurcher she was a holy terror to small furry things if she slipped the lead.

She once attacked a friends scooter as it was done up mod style with a fox tail on the antenna at the back.

3067339931_2c9aba9768.jpg

That's not the actual one - just an example.

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Polmop
    My mum had a whippet/patterdale lurcher she was a holy terror to small furry things if she slipped the lead.

She once attacked a friends scooter as it was done up mod style with a fox tail on the antenna at the back.

3067339931_2c9aba9768.jpg

lol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family