PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Divided plates for the freezer

Hello everybody sorry if it has been asked before but does anybody know where you can buy plastic or foil divided containers for the freezer, partner has just become disabled and I need to cook some easy meals for the freezer, 2 compartments good 3 even better, I have looked at the obvious places on line but no luck diolch yn fawr am eich cymorth/thanks for your help

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    TBH I use plastic milk containers for this. I just cut the bottom 8 to 12 centimetres off, put my "stuff" into them in "portion sizes", cover with a dot of cling-film, and label them.

Cheap and easy AND... it means that I can mix and match meals. As in, if I have a portion of stew or casserole, I can choose to have either a portion of mash or of roasties with it, and I can choose a portion of carrots, or cabbage, or peas.... see what I mean? :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • squeaky wrote: »
    TBH I use plastic milk containers for this. I just cut the bottom 8 to 12 centimetres off, put my "stuff" into them in "portion sizes", cover with a dot of cling-film, and label them.

Cheap and easy AND... it means that I can mix and match meals. As in, if I have a portion of stew or casserole, I can choose to have either a portion of mash or of roasties with it, and I can choose a portion of carrots, or cabbage, or peas.... see what I mean? :)

what a brill idea.....:T so the milk plastic containers are ok to be 'pinged' in the microwave?
    Work to live= not live to work
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2011 at 8:58AM
    I got some of these both two portion and 3 portion from Lakeland around 6 months ago will see if I can find a label with the number on for you
    edited to add just looked they've not got them anymore sorry might be worth ringing them tho to see if they'll be getting more in?
    barcodes are 20136383 for the 2 section
    20136376 for the 3 section
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There's plenty of them on Ebay, I think these are what you're after:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=3+section+microwave+plate&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Hope that helps
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 September 2011 at 12:11PM
    try this site www.cn-ice.com they start around £2.45 per plate I think its in north Bucks
  • Hi some 2 section dishes here on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_kw=2&_kw=section&_kw=microwave

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after.
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    is this thread any good?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    Lleucu wrote: »
    Hello everybody sorry if it has been asked before but does anybody know where you can buy plastic or foil divided containers for the freezer, partner has just become disabled and I need to cook some easy meals for the freezer, 2 compartments good 3 even better, I have looked at the obvious places on line but no luck diolch yn fawr am eich cymorth/thanks for your help

Can I ask why you need the separate compartments: is it so that everything doesn't mix together (when freezing, or defrosting), or a different reason?

Squeaky's seems to be a good solution, but it depends on your needs.
    I have no signature.
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Dwi i'n licio yr tupperware glas a gwyn yn Poundland ym Mangor, 3 neu 4 am pint yn y paced efo tri drylliau bach. Gret am ciniawau fel rhost efo cig a gravy yn un, tawts a moron a llysiau arall yn drylliau arall.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    what a brill idea.....:T so the milk plastic containers are ok to be 'pinged' in the microwave?

I have no idea... what I normally do is to defrost them in the microwave just enough to be able to get the "lump" out of the plastic and then finish defrosting and reheating in either a pot in the microwave, or a pan on the stove top.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport