Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2012 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Another missed deadline "victim" here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=54965959&highlight=#post54965959

The paperwork I sent to BG at an address somewhere not a million miles from Luton Airport, never found its way to the email operation in Manchester.
    (both of those geographical locations are from memory and might not be correct.)
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    AlbertHall wrote: »
    Because of E.ON's interpretation of their expression in the T&Cs 'Payments due' not meaning payments made/paid there is no guarantee in the future. So a degree of certainty is what I'm hoping for, for myself and anyone else on the EON FIT scheme. Perhaps there will be another change in their administrative systems - who knows! I'm not sure there is any incentive or reason for E.ON to avoid this mess-up in future as presumably there is some benefit in holding on to all those payments due, apart from the negligible bad press.

I wonder if anyone else who signed up for the T&Cs realised that when 3 months was mentioned as payment being due, that it didn't mean that at all, or anything in fact. Hence the enquiry to OFGEM and OFT acting for us innocent consumers.

If you want a guaranteed payment period, and interest if the payment is late, then you could always move to Scottish Power.

Section 5.3 of their terms and conditions are as follows:

Subject to the other provisions of Clause 5, Clause 6 and Clause 14.7, we shall pay you undisputed FIT Payments by the end of the calendar month immediately following the relevant Period (“Due Date”). If we have not paid you by the relevant Due Date, we shall pay you interest from the Due Date until the date of payment at the annual rate of 1% above the base lending rate of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc from time to time on those unpaid and undisputed FIT Payments.

Or maybe you could convince E.ON to change their T&Cs to something similar?

Mind you, I would avoid using Npower as an example as their T&Cs state Time for payment shall not be a condition of this agreement which does seems a bit harsh.

British Gas on the other hand suggest that they will make payment within 30 days but don't specify what happens if they fail to do so.

EDF and SSE seem as similarly vague as E.ON on FIT payments in that the former says that 'We will make payments to your bank account on a quarterly basis' and the latter says that 'we will pay you the FIT Payments made by reference to data in the Authority’s Central FIT Register on a quarterly basis within the next billing cycle'. Neither specifies what happens if they fail to pay you within the time-scales defined though.

Links to all the main 6 suppliers Feed-in Tariff T&Cs can be found here:

British Gas
    EDF
    E.ON
    Npower
    Scottish Power
    SSE

PS. I doubt very much if anyone read the T&Cs when applying for their FIT Payments.
  • AlbertHall
    Options
    If you want a guaranteed payment period, and interest if the payment is late, then you could always move to Scottish Power.

Section 5.3 of their terms and conditions are as follows:

Subject to the other provisions of Clause 5, Clause 6 and Clause 14.7, we shall pay you undisputed FIT Payments by the end of the calendar month immediately following the relevant Period (“Due Date”). If we have not paid you by the relevant Due Date, we shall pay you interest from the Due Date until the date of payment at the annual rate of 1% above the base lending rate of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc from time to time on those unpaid and undisputed FIT Payments.

Or maybe you could convince E.ON to change their T&Cs to something similar?

Mind you, I would avoid using Npower as an example as their T&Cs state Time for payment shall not be a condition of this agreement which does seems a bit harsh.

British Gas on the other hand suggest that they will make payment within 30 days but don't specify what happens if they fail to do so.

EDF and SSE seem as similarly vague as E.ON on FIT payments in that the former says that 'We will make payments to your bank account on a quarterly basis' and the latter says that 'we will pay you the FIT Payments made by reference to data in the Authority’s Central FIT Register on a quarterly basis within the next billing cycle'. Neither specifies what happens if they fail to pay you within the time-scales defined though.

Links to all the main 6 suppliers Feed-in Tariff T&Cs can be found here:

British Gas
    EDF
    E.ON
    Npower
    Scottish Power
    SSE

PS. I doubt very much if anyone read the T&Cs when applying for their FIT Payments.

Thanks for your research, Green Hornet. :T
  • Common_Man
    Common_Man Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks like E.ON have finally got their act together.

E-mailed reading 1/8/2012.

Received payment 8/8/2012

Hoorah!!!:j
  • AlbertHall
    AlbertHall Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Common_Man wrote: »
    It looks like E.ON have finally got their act together.

E-mailed reading 1/8/2012.

Received payment 8/8/2012

Hoorah!!!:j

Glad for you.

Unfortunately not in my case.

Emailed reading 31/7/2012

7/8/2012 Told by E.ON Directors' office that payment would be made in 4 to 5 working days.

Still not received payment 9/8/2012 :mad:
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    AlbertHall wrote: »
    Glad for you.

Unfortunately not in my case.

Emailed reading 31/7/2012

7/8/2012 Told by E.ON Directors' office that payment would be made in 4 to 5 working days.

Still not received payment 9/8/2012 :mad:

If E.ON turn your payment around in under 2 weeks then I'm not really sure you have much to grumble about? It beats EDF's typical 4 week turnaround at the moment.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If E.ON turn your payment around in under 2 weeks then I'm not really sure you have much to grumble about? It beats EDF's typical 4 week turnaround at the moment.

I've got a gut feeling that over the next 3 to 6 months us 'EDF bods' are going to grow more and more jealous of the 'E.ON bods'.

I reckon the long term gains will be well worth the pains of the last 6 months.

Still, looking on the bright side, EDF do seem to be getting a little faster each time.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Jim34
    Options
    My first FiT payment from E-ON took 34 days and I am still waiting for my second one 65 days after sending my June reading! No reply from email. Can anyone give me an email address for E-ON FiT that they actually reply to?
  • phsci
    phsci Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jim34 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an email address for E-ON FiT that they actually reply to?
    Don't bother with email. Ring them on 0345 302 4293 and jump straight to the front of the queue. They will transfer you to the new system while you wait (local call rates) and then arrange payment of your owed FiTs. Your next payment should then only take 5 working days from giving them your quarterly meter reading.
  • battelaxe
    Options
    I must have fallen down behind a radiator. I have been waiting for my first payment from EDF since February this year and still not had anything. Do you think I should charge them interest. I am counting on my payments to go towards the loan that I took out to pay for my panels.

Does anyone have any advice?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure