PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Long_tall_sally
    Options
    njk1012 wrote: »
    All of the above came to a grand total of £20:T.

If anyone lives anywhere near Maltby i do recommend a visit this week they have a great 10 items for a fiver deal on frozen stuff.

Gosh you did really well there! Excuse my ignorance but where abouts is Maltby? Is it Yorkshire?

I was in town today & went to Farm Foods & Home Bargains. Home Bargains is where I normally buy my 4 tins of John West tuna from but they had run out so then went to Mr T where they had it on BOGOF (but still a £1 dearer than what it would have cost me in Home Bargains!) Thought I may as well use my Morrisons £6 off £40 while I was there so stocked up on things like crunchy nut cornflakes that were half price plus a couple of half price pepperoni pizzas. Finished off the shopping trip with some gluten free sausages from M & S & £70 less in my account.

Got to stay away from the shops now!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2011 at 1:51PM
    Options
    TrixieB wrote: »
    Not long got in from Asd*, boyfriend had to come along as not too steady on my feet today, grrrrr appreciate the help but he was after buying the most expensive of everything! I felt rather guilty as it's his food too after all and he is an adult so "let" him have his 2 cooked meats for £3 and the small tub of coleslaw for 66p instead of the value one a little larger for 22p :/

Will check in properly tomorrow just needed to go ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Right -

£5.70 spend from Sat
    £33.45 last night -
    £11 of that on beer :beer: Boyfriends not mine, the checkout girl did him a huge favour though - he had picked up a 15 bottle box of bud for £11 and the girl told him round the corner there were 24!!!! bottle boxes for £11!

Also we bought a lego banana balance game for Xmas reduced from £6.00 to £3.50 which the discount hadn't gone thru so went to CS and got the difference back on my card and then I remembered about the £2 giftcard someone mentioned, she handed me back my reciept and smiled and then I said so you don't still do the card deal if you are mispriced then, oh yes she says I was jsut about to get that for you - aye rrrrright!!!

So off that £33.45 need to take off 4.50 :) and as a result that lego game which have seen on sale in local toy store for a tenner only cost us £1.50 really :)

Mullerlights are on offer at 30p each and so were the corners and the rice pots but have noticed the mullerlight pots used to be 200g are now 165g :mad:

Other bargains were 2 kilo bags of fresh chopped mixed peppers and 3 kilo bags of ready chopped mushrooms - from the myo pizza counter - for 10p each! Have put the peppers and one of the mushies in the freezer and used the other two bags mushrooms to make a VAT of mushroom soup :)

Anyway - never got half of what was on my list, I gave up as boyfriend was getting annoying so I said nope, that's all we need! Sneaky but I don't care, will go and get the rest another day ;)
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh you did really well there! Excuse my ignorance but where abouts is Maltby? Is it Yorkshire?

I was there last friday though I couldn't get as much as njk as I don't have the freezer space. Factory foods is just off the M18 junction 1 near Rotherham.

HERE

Spend here for October is £14.27 so far - doing better than expected
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More spends to report.

I found out yesterday that my job, which on a fixed term contract, has been made permanant so bottle of wine and a chippy tea bought to celebrate:j:j:j

Plus, as I am full of cold, cough mixture and BOGOF cheerios and a couple of light bulbs made a total of £14.17 spent in sainsburys and £5.70 at the chippy.

Also a few cups of tea at work and a big lunch today from the canteen as I am feeling rough and won't get any tea tonight as I am at college to add on too,

Total spent yesterday and today - £25.65:eek:

My total is now £351.80/£380:eek::eek:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Spends so far are £47 - Grrrr - I wanted it to be less

Totals done to here

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spent £5.56 today on two loaves of bread, some black pudding, some eggs and an orange which I've bought for a recipe and am having to fight people off (I only bought 1 it was 45p!).

The A*da shop, minus delivery was £25.89 so new total is £90.79.

Hmmm...need to take stock - literally!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Am incredibly fed up because the tax credits people declined my appeal and I won't get the £484 that they took from me this month back:mad:

After I found that out I went to the little tesco and bought two cadbury chocolate mini-puddings, two packs of penguins (bogof) a pack of Snickers (82p), an iceberg lettuce (in case anyone thought I was a sad fatty on a binge;)) and a giant cookie. So came out £5 poorer and now feel sick after a snickers, a penguin and a pudding. I have hidden the penguins and snickers so they will do for lunchboxes - if I don't hide them then the kids will just devour them in no time!

xspender - congratulations on the job!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    After saying i wasn't gonna shop until next week I just did an approved foods shop totalling £21.19 inc postage :o
    10kg pasta, 6 cartons soy milk, big tub pesto, 10 xmas puds(love these for sunday pudding!!) and some bits like water, fruit bars and extremely cheap chocolate.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

TBH dont feel like im doing to well at the minute. its only my first month but based on how much ive spent already (£76.41 last week and £11.52 so far this week) i dread to think what I was actually spending before. Id guessed at about £250 but must have been at least £350. Still determined to stick to my £230 budget for this month though.

No luck at all with my NSD, not had one since the start of my month (26th every month when Dh gets paid) but even though ive spent every day I must admit its been alot less as ive been buying just what we need and not what i want. Was heading for my first on Sunday then we run out of milk.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Yesterdays spends were £3 in pound shop, mugshots for work and a jar of mayo. Bananas from M & s and the rest in bodycare on sponges and cotton buds. Today was £3 in iceland on 12 pints of milk and 55p in Sainsburys on some fruit bread.

Going to make the effort to get my bread and milk from iceland from now on. Usually go Sainsburys as its a bit more convinient but now the price of milk in there has risen so much i refuse to but it from there. If i was going to spend that much I may as well go down the papaer shop who charge £1.35 for a 4 pinter.
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • ButterflyBee
    Options
    Sorry, Yes it is.:o
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors