funding corporation ppi complaint rejected!!

Options

Comments

• neil421967
    Options
    Complaining to these fools at TFC is pointless.
    The staff there all cover their own backs and tell each other what to say.
    I used to deal with a girl there, and she was the only one I would have trusted, not only was she understanding about situations, I used to chat a lot to her, she is not in Complaints, she is in collections and may be a senior now, she knows who she is and if she is reading this, HELLO ! I do not want to give her name on a public forum, but if you PM me I will gladly give the name. She is not complaints, but she may be able to help. Last time I heard she was still there, poor girl.

Hard to think TFC could have decent staff but she is lovely, and wish I could have taken her offer up of getting in my suitcase all them years ago ;)
  • jimmy46
    jimmy46 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    hi all,
    just an update on my complaint with the funding corp.

After sending a second letter to the funding corp a few weeks ago, advising that i felt that their information they supplied to me were irrelevant to my complaint, and i also said i wanted them to re-investigate my complaint as i felt they hadnt fully investigated my complaint.
    i received another letter last week advising roughly the same but a bit more detail of dates that i took out the loan and that i was accepted for the loan regardless of if the ppi was added or not!!
    today, i have again sent another letter sayiing that i felt that they still have not been able to confirm anything to do with the ppi other just the dates the loan was accepted. so i again wanted them to look into this further!!

im no english teacher but the spelling in the letters from them are dreadful!

i probably wont get anywhere with them but i wont give up without a fight!
  • hello

it is unfortunate the time you made your complaint, if it was say 2 years ago they would throw money at you just to settle, but recntly companies have been winning against FOS and rejecting PPI mis-selling claims. Basically the company needs proof that the policy was mis-sold, they seem to safe guard them selves by saying you had all the policy documents & time to cancle it, basically if you didnt need/want it you wouldnt of took it out.
    i would request the pre-sale information and the policy documents for the ppi to see if it was suited e.g
    alot of PPI wont cover you if you are self employed, if you were self employed at the time and let the company know and you could never ever claim on the PPI it was mis-sold, those type of loop holes.
    pre-existing medical conditions is another one where PPI wont pay out, if you had one when you signed for PPI you would never be able to claim therefor it was mis-sold
    if all else failes go to FOS it costs the compay about £400 per FOS claim regardless of the outcome.
    never go to a claims company for PPI, they take a large % if you get any money paid back. if for example you still have an active agreement in arrears and you are sucessfull in claiming ppi mis-selling any amount you won would go towards clearing any out standing arrears and as you won you would still need to pay the claims company even if the whole amunt won went to arrears.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    hello

it is unfortunate the time you made your complaint, if it was say 2 years ago they would throw money at you just to settle, but recntly companies have been winning against FOS and rejecting PPI mis-selling claims.

FOS will uphold if it thinks it is missold. There is no "winning against FOS" unless the firm takes FOS to a judicial review. That is extremely rare.
    Basically the company needs proof that the policy was mis-sold, they seem to safe guard them selves by saying you had all the policy documents & time to cancle it, basically if you didnt need/want it you wouldnt of took it out.

That would not persuade FOS to reject a complaint.
    i would request the pre-sale information and the policy documents for the ppi to see if it was suited e.g
    alot of PPI wont cover you if you are self employed, if you were self employed at the time and let the company know and you could never ever claim on the PPI it was mis-sold, those type of loop holes.
    pre-existing medical conditions is another one where PPI wont pay out, if you had one when you signed for PPI you would never be able to claim therefor it was mis-sold

If they have unfairly rejected the complaint I would go straight to FOS rather than arguing the toss.
  • jimmy46
    jimmy46 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, i know i first asked questions about the funding corporation last year, but just to update you all, I phoned the FOS and they advised me they will contact AXA on my behalf.(as a few of you rightly advised on here) even though they didn t sell the ppi directly to me. AXA wrote to me about 5 weeks ago requesting for more info and copy of documents, and i got round to sending them all copies of original docs, and letters that was sent to and from funding corp about my complaint. and the ppi questionaire of course.

anyway i am really shocked and over the moon to receive a letter from AXA this morning offering me £2400!!!!
    they said in their letter, even though they didnt sell the insurance, they have agreed to compensate me. either way im very happy with the outcome.
    just thought id let you all know, as i know alot of people have had problems with them. and thank you so much to all that gave me advice about this
    :):):):):):j:j:j:j:rotfl::):):):):):):)
    :):):):)
  • tms.1978
    Options
    I had a policy with the funding corporation from 2003. I wrote directly to AXA who were the providers of the PPI and within 6 weeks I received a letter offering me a full refund plus interest.

So basically I'd recommend bypassing the Funding Corporation and going straight to AXA:)
  • chez33
    Options
    Do you mind me asking what Axa address was used? we had a loan/ppi from the funding Corporation, the loan appears to be Capital one and the ppi Axa. There is no address just a capital one letter with Axa logo at top. Going to go straight to them just unsure which address?

Thanks
  • michdbw
    Options
    tms.1978 wrote: »
    I had a policy with the funding corporation from 2003. I wrote directly to AXA who were the providers of the PPI and within 6 weeks I received a letter offering me a full refund plus interest.

So basically I'd recommend bypassing the Funding Corporation and going straight to AXA:)

I had the same - I initially went to The Funding Corporation to complain, who said they weren't responsible, so I went to ACF, who I bought the car from initially, and they also rejected the claim. On advice from the FSA, I managed to find that the underwriter at the time (in 2004) was AXA, so wrote straight to their Complaints Dept at their Ipswich address - after a little bit of to-ing and fro-ing where they wanted a bit more info, I have just received an offer for a full refund of premiums plus interest, so it is worth persevering!:j
  • pressandgo
    pressandgo Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    old thread but hoping someone had an address for AXA so I can bypass funding corporation.

thanks in advance
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pressandgo wrote: »
    old thread but hoping someone had an address for AXA so I can bypass funding corporation.

thanks in advance
    AXA is not liable as it simply provided the product but did not sell it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure