We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
£60 for parking overstay
Hi everyone,
I went for a job interview but it got delayed so overstayed the parking stay. 178 mins instead of allowed 120 mins. Parking is free. My letter says ' parking charge notice' and is from Vehicle Control Services. It says they are an approved operator and a member of the british parking association and operate with the code of practice for enforcement on private land. It's outside a shopping centre so for example I could have been shopping. Do you think I should send a letter explaining and saying I was shopping and didn't realise you had to leave your shopping after 2 hrs, drive around the block and come back ? Mine fine is £60. They've also sent me phot of my car entering and leaving the car park with the exact time. Thank for your help.
I went for a job interview but it got delayed so overstayed the parking stay. 178 mins instead of allowed 120 mins. Parking is free. My letter says ' parking charge notice' and is from Vehicle Control Services. It says they are an approved operator and a member of the british parking association and operate with the code of practice for enforcement on private land. It's outside a shopping centre so for example I could have been shopping. Do you think I should send a letter explaining and saying I was shopping and didn't realise you had to leave your shopping after 2 hrs, drive around the block and come back ? Mine fine is £60. They've also sent me phot of my car entering and leaving the car park with the exact time. Thank for your help.
0
Comments
-
Ignore it - it can't be legally enforced unless they are willing to go to court. But you could check through the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking forum.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards