We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Too stupid for ebay stories?

Options
13»

Comments

• FattyBettyBoo
    Options
    Sold collect only item and email buyer address and phone number to arrange when to collect. Went out for a couple of hours and when I got back there were two answer machine messages 1. "Hi, you're obviously not in. I'm setting off now to pick up item. See you in 40 mins" 2. "You weren't in when I arrived, I'm very annoyed ..."
    I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2011 at 2:01PM
    Options
    You just have to look at some listings to see that stupidity is not confined to buyers.

My favourite is the ones who demand payment immediately after listing ends but are surprisingly happy to add "item will be posted when I feel like it, I'm a working mum sorry".

The clueless buyer I had though bought out 10 tarot readings I was selling as a test as to whether they would sell enough for me to do it as a living, thinking they were buying the actual cards. I didn't get enough takers for the actual readings so that was that line of enquiry over :(.

Also there was the only buyer I ever negged, which was someone who won an auction on 23 December, never paid and when I got back to her after a long grace period (I was going on holiday straight after Christmas and was happy to wait until I got back on 6 December) she was upset because she wanted them for a stocking filler and thus refused to pay.

Oh lord.

Mind you, nowadays that would be pretty reckless on my part because of increased demands on dispatch, non-receipt issues and so on, so I now make sure I don't list right up until the holiday period - and don't raise customer's expectations that high. I did stick a disclaimer on the listings, but knowing buyers don't focus on those, it helps to keep everything a bit more straightforward.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • grintricha
    Options
    Crowqueen wrote: »

The clueless buyer I had though bought out 10 tarot readings I was selling as a test as to whether they would sell enough for me to do it as a living,

didn't you trust what the tarot cards told you on that matter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport